Sea trout and pea salad
Serves 4 as a main course
If you can get your hands on wild sea trout it's a very fine eating fish and works a treat in a light salad with fresh peas and shoots and some shredded sugar snaps or mangetouts – whatever you can find.
400-450g sea trout fillet, skinned and boned
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1-2tbsp rapeseed oil
A couple of handfuls of pea shoots, washed
60-80g shelled weight of peas, cooked
8-10 pieces of mangetouts or sugar snaps, shredded
A few long lengths of chive tips to garnish
For the dressing
1tbsp cider vinegar
½tsp caster sugar
1tsp Tewkesbury or Dijon mustard
2tbsp rapeseed oil
2tbsp vegetable or corn oil
Cut the sea trout fillet into 2cm squares and season. Heat the rapeseed oil in a non-stick pan and cook the pieces of sea trout on a high heat for 2-3 minutes, turning them as they are cooking and keeping them nice and pink. Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together; season.
To serve, toss the pea shoots with the peas, sugar snaps or mangetouts in the dressing, season and arrange on plates with the pieces of sea trout; scatter over the chives.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 50k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a SCRUM Master to joi...
£13,520: Recruitment Genius: As this role can be customer facing at times, the...
£50000 - £60000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful entertainment, even...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A fantastic opportunity h...