Spiced quince sauce
This works very well with poultry, game birds or roast pork dishes.
4 quince, peeled and cored
A small piece of cinnamon stick
6 juniper berries
200g granulated sugar
1 lemon, halved
Place the quince in a large saucepan with the rest of the ingredients.
Cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the quince is soft enough to mash.
Drain the quince in a colander over a pan, reserving the juice for a jelly and leave to cool.
Cut the quince in half, then blend the flesh in a food processor to a purée or leave it with a coarse texture.
To serve, reheat with a little of the cooking liquor.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...