Strawberries and cream
Sunday 24 May 2009
A little Eton mess, but without the meringue. If you prefer a chewier texture, simply crumble a little meringue through the mixture before you serve.
2 tbsp icing sugar
A small pinch of sea salt
The juice of one orange
2 punnets of strawberries, hulled and chopped into 4 pieces
150ml/5fl oz double cream
Place the icing sugar in a bowl. Add the salt and pour in the orange juice, stirring as you go.
Add the chopped strawberries, stir once or twice more and place in the fridge to macerate for half an hour.
Just before you are ready to serve, whip the cream until just thick enough to fall from the spoon and fold through the strawberries.
Serve at once or the strawberries will bleed into the cream, which although it still tastes good, looks less pretty.
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
James Foley beheading: Twitter 'actively suspending' accounts sharing graphic imagery
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
iJobs Food & Drink
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...