Sweetcorn drop scones with duck livers
Saturday 28 August 2010
200g duck livers, cleaned
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2tbsp dry sherry
For the drop scones
225g plain flour
tsp bicarbonate of soda
tsp cream of tartar
2 eggs, beaten
120g cooked sweetcorn kernels, roughly chopped, cooked as above
Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar into a bowl. Stir in the eggs, sweetcorn and enough of the milk to form a smooth batter.
Heat a griddle pan and rub it with a little vegetable oil. Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and let them cook for 3 minutes until bubbles rise, turn them over and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper while you are cooking the rest.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large heavy frying pan until it begins to foam. Season the livers and pan-fry them for a couple of minutes on each side, keeping them nice and pink. Pour the sherry into the pan; remove from the heat. Place the drop scones on to warmed plates and spoon the livers and pan juices over.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Paris Fashion Week: Skirting the issue for the stylish boys' brigade
'Stiff upper lip stoicism' keeps people with cancer symptoms away from GP
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
'Cigarettes, whisky, and wild, wild women'
- 1 Benedict Cumberbatch says Hollywood is better for black British actors
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers
iJobs Food & Drink
Unpaid voluntary work: Old Royal Naval College: Join our team of friendly volu...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This airport parking organisation are looking...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Do you enjoy bus driving and are looking for ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Technician - Y...