Sweetcorn drop scones with duck livers
Saturday 28 August 2010
200g duck livers, cleaned
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2tbsp dry sherry
For the drop scones
225g plain flour
tsp bicarbonate of soda
tsp cream of tartar
2 eggs, beaten
120g cooked sweetcorn kernels, roughly chopped, cooked as above
Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar into a bowl. Stir in the eggs, sweetcorn and enough of the milk to form a smooth batter.
Heat a griddle pan and rub it with a little vegetable oil. Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and let them cook for 3 minutes until bubbles rise, turn them over and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper while you are cooking the rest.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large heavy frying pan until it begins to foam. Season the livers and pan-fry them for a couple of minutes on each side, keeping them nice and pink. Pour the sherry into the pan; remove from the heat. Place the drop scones on to warmed plates and spoon the livers and pan juices over.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
iJobs Food & Drink
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...