Tagliolini with ceps and bacon
There are some great quick-cook brands of pastas around. I love Cipriani, and I have also recently discovered Filotea (available at Waitrose). If I get a decent haul of ceps, I slice the firmest specimens and keep them in the freezer in a zip-lock bag. You can even keep pancetta cubes and chopped parsley in the freezer.
50g or so of good quick-cooking pasta
30-40g pancetta or bacon cubes
2tbsp olive oil
50-60g frozen sliced ceps
1tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Heat a tablespoon of the olive oil in a pan and gently cook the pancetta cubes for 2-3 minutes on a low heat; turn the heat up and add the ceps and cook for a minute or so; then add the parsley, the rest of the olive oil and butter and season. While the pancetta and ceps are cooking, cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions and drain, then toss together with the bacon and ceps, adding a little of the pasta cooking water to correct the consistency if necessary.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 6S price: new handset to remain as expensive, Apple unlikely to increase phones' storage
A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
Every hospital patient will be given a barcode as part of plan to create a 'paper free' NHS
No, a porn star wasn't tricked into performing a sex act on her brother
- 1 If you're not already angry about the migrant crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 4 A Chinese journalist has appeared on state television 'confessing' to causing the stock market chaos
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...