Tomato, marrow and coriander salad
Marrow isn't usually considered as a salad ingredient, but why ever not? I have decided to mix this often neglected vegetable here with a selection of ripe tomatoes which are now at the height of their season. I think your lunch guests will be dead impressed by the unusual combination of raw and cooked ingredients, as well as the addition of fragrant coriander.
A couple of tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
300-350g mixed ripe tomatoes
A handful of coriander leaves
For the dressing
1tbsp good quality red wine vinegar
4tbsp olive oil
Quarter the marrow lengthways and cut or scoop out the seeds.
Cut the marrow into cm slices and then lay them out on a tray and scatter with a little salt and leave for 30 minutes. Pat the marrow dry with some kitchen paper and then season with some freshly ground pepper.
Heat a frying pan with some olive oil and fry the marrow pieces for 3-4 minutes until tender, turning them in the pan as they are cooking, then transfer to a tray and leave to cool.
Cut the tomatoes into a mixture of chunks and wedges.
Whisk the vinegar and oil together and season to taste.
Toss the tomatoes and marrow with the dressing and coriander and season to taste; serve immediately.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...