Tomatoes and crab on toast
Saturday 25 May 2013
A slice of hot buttered toast with juicy, ripe tomatoes is a pleasurable and simple snack – transform it into a thing of luxury by topping it with freshly-picked crab meat.
4 slices of white or brown bread
4 large ripe tomatoes
1tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp of cooked brown crab meat
1 tbsp chives
4-5 tbsp cooked white crab meat
Cut the tomatoes into slices ½cm thick, and put to one side. Toast the bread, cut about 1cm thick, and spoon over a little olive oil.
Arrange the slices of tomato on each piece of toast, then spoon the brown crab down the centre and spoon the white on top.
Season the crab lightly, spoon over a little more oil and scatter with the chopped chives.
Life & Style blogs
No, a porn star wasn't tricked into performing a sex act on her brother
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A nap a day could save your life
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
The antidote to Tinder? Majority of dating app users want relationship, rather than hook-ups, study finds
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 2 Pictures show young Palestinian girl biting Israeli soldier trying to detain boy during West Bank protests
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
iJobs Food & Drink
£26000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Product Development departm...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Estates Team of this group ...