Makes 3 pint jug
Sunday 24 July 2011
1 cup/225g/7 oz sugar
1 cup/240ml/7¾fl oz water
The juice of one lime
Slice the watermelon in half and scoop out the flesh, removing the seeds as you do so.
Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over a low to medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
While the syrup is cooling, purée the watermelon in a blender or food processor until the fruit is smooth and strain through a sieve into a bowl.
Stir in the syrup thoroughly and add the juice of the lime.
Serve with plenty of ice – it is a drink that should be served well chilled.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£18000 - £21000 per annum + Basic salary +incentives: FCm Travel Solutions: FC...
£54000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Glo...
£27000 - £27500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Flight Centre Glo...
£30000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: Flight Centre's e-c...