Makes 3 pint jug
Sunday 24 July 2011
1 cup/225g/7 oz sugar
1 cup/240ml/7¾fl oz water
The juice of one lime
Slice the watermelon in half and scoop out the flesh, removing the seeds as you do so.
Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over a low to medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
While the syrup is cooling, purée the watermelon in a blender or food processor until the fruit is smooth and strain through a sieve into a bowl.
Stir in the syrup thoroughly and add the juice of the lime.
Serve with plenty of ice – it is a drink that should be served well chilled.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
'Tis the season!: Google celebrates Christmas Eve with second animated Doodle
Christmas 2014: Jesus was not born in a stable, says theologian
UK's first plus-size fashion magazine Slink hits the shelves: 'Style doesn't stop at size 8'
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Christmas comes early to Hong Kong, as millions of bank notes spill out onto busy street
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...