Makes 3 pint jug
Sunday 24 July 2011
1 cup/225g/7 oz sugar
1 cup/240ml/7¾fl oz water
The juice of one lime
Slice the watermelon in half and scoop out the flesh, removing the seeds as you do so.
Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over a low to medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
While the syrup is cooling, purée the watermelon in a blender or food processor until the fruit is smooth and strain through a sieve into a bowl.
Stir in the syrup thoroughly and add the juice of the lime.
Serve with plenty of ice – it is a drink that should be served well chilled.
Life & Style blogs
Bombsheller: The website that makes us all into top fashion designers
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
The 10 Best Scotch Whiskies
Standing my ground: If sitting is bad for your health, what happens when you stay on your feet for a whole month?
The 10 Best kitchen knives
- 1 Secret Cinema interview: Why were Back to the Future screenings cancelled?
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...