Watermelon, strawberry, labneh and mint salad
Labneh, or laban as it's sometimes known, is a strained yoghurt cheese that is simply delicious and quick to make. It's perfect for light summer starters or desserts like this so be sure to make a bit extra and keep it in the fridge for another dish.
500g natural thick yoghurt
500g watermelon, skin removed and cut into rough 2cm chunks
12 or so strawberries, hulled and halved
1tbsp lemon juice
A handful of mint leaves, washed, with large ones torn in half
50-60g whole blanched almonds, lightly toasted
Line a strainer or colander with a double layer of muslin. Pour in the yoghurt, fold over the edges and place over a bowl in the fridge for about 24 hours. It will set to the consistency of a very soft goats' curd or cheese.
To serve, mix the chopped watermelon, strawberries, lemon juice, mint and almonds together and arrange on plates. Then, using a teaspoon, dot the mixture with rough dollops of the labneh.
Lincoln MP Karl McCartney 'denied all knowledge' of the Twitter activity
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5C could be killed next year, and Apple’s cheap and cheerful line might die with it
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
Black Friday: Best fashion deals -online and on the high-street
UK's first plus-size fashion magazine Slink hits the shelves: 'Style doesn't stop at size 8'
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + £100,000 OTE: h2 Recruit Ltd: Birmingham, Derby, L...
£55000 - £65000 per annum: Investigo: My client, a global leader in their fiel...
£45000 - £52000 per annum + bonus+bens : Investigo: My client, a global leader...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits : Investigo: One of the fastest growing g...