Watermelon, strawberry, labneh and mint salad
Labneh, or laban as it's sometimes known, is a strained yoghurt cheese that is simply delicious and quick to make. It's perfect for light summer starters or desserts like this so be sure to make a bit extra and keep it in the fridge for another dish.
500g natural thick yoghurt
500g watermelon, skin removed and cut into rough 2cm chunks
12 or so strawberries, hulled and halved
1tbsp lemon juice
A handful of mint leaves, washed, with large ones torn in half
50-60g whole blanched almonds, lightly toasted
Line a strainer or colander with a double layer of muslin. Pour in the yoghurt, fold over the edges and place over a bowl in the fridge for about 24 hours. It will set to the consistency of a very soft goats' curd or cheese.
To serve, mix the chopped watermelon, strawberries, lemon juice, mint and almonds together and arrange on plates. Then, using a teaspoon, dot the mixture with rough dollops of the labneh.
Life & Style blogs
Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Boxing Day sales: From Asos to Harrods, the best fashion deals
Victoria Beckham's clothing sales double to £30 million in one year
The 10 Best food processors
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Top 10 travel destinations for 2015: From Haiti and Alaska to Namibia and Iceland
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
iJobs Food & Drink
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£240 - £275 per day: Investigo: Support the global business through in-depth a...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Data Manager - MySQL, Shell Scripts, Java, VB Scrip...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Application Support Analyst - near S...