Wild sea bass with nam jim
Sunday 14 August 2011
720g/1 lb sea bass (allow 180g/6oz fish per person)
tsp corn or sunflower oil
For the nam jim
1 inch of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled
1 bunch of coriander, washed, patted dry and roughly chopped
2 red chillies, chopped, seeds left in
The juice of 2 limes
3 tsp palm sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce
Pound the ginger, garlic, coriander and chillies with a pestle and mortar until you have a textured paste. Now stir in the lime juice, palm sugar and fish sauce. Nam jim is best eaten shortly after making when the flavours are at their most vibrant. Set aside while you cook the fish.
Place a large, preferably non-stick pan over a medium to high heat. Season the fish with salt, to your taste. Once the pan is warm, add the oil and lay the fish skin-side down in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, by which time the skin should be crisp, then turn and cook for a further minute.
Remove from the pan and serve with the nam jim spooned over the top, and lightly steamed pak choi.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5 battery replacement offered by Apple
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Ebola outbreak: 'Resilient and remarkable' British victim William Pooley administered experimental drug in UK
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Food & Drink
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...
£18k + Uncapped Commission (£60k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Sales Exe...
£25 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Software Developer is needed ...
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...