Yellow beans with red onions
These yellow runner beans are often seen in Italian markets. When beans look like this there is very little you need to do to them. If you can't find them, then use runners or normal green beans.
200-250g yellow, flat, or runner beans
For the dressing
2 medium red onions, finely chopped
100ml good-quality red wine vinegar
4-5tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the red onions in a saucepan with the vinegar and 2tbsp water. Bring to the boil; simmer for 3-4 minutes until the liquid has almost evaporated.
Transfer to a bowl, whisk in the oil; season.
Cook the beans in boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes until tender then drain; arrange on serving plates and spoon the dressing over.
Life & Style blogs
iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
Exclusive interview with Jourdan Dunn: Mother, one of the world's best-paid models and ambassador for sickle-cell disease
No new blood and no fresh ideas at Milan Fashion Week: How do you solve a problem like Milano?
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
iJobs Food & Drink
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Affiliate Marketing Manager / Affiliate Mana...
£18000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: ***EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FO...
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...