Yellow beans with red onions
These yellow runner beans are often seen in Italian markets. When beans look like this there is very little you need to do to them. If you can't find them, then use runners or normal green beans.
200-250g yellow, flat, or runner beans
For the dressing
2 medium red onions, finely chopped
100ml good-quality red wine vinegar
4-5tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the red onions in a saucepan with the vinegar and 2tbsp water. Bring to the boil; simmer for 3-4 minutes until the liquid has almost evaporated.
Transfer to a bowl, whisk in the oil; season.
Cook the beans in boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes until tender then drain; arrange on serving plates and spoon the dressing over.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
iJobs Food & Drink
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...
£25000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant - Manchester...