Yellow beans with red onions
These yellow runner beans are often seen in Italian markets. When beans look like this there is very little you need to do to them. If you can't find them, then use runners or normal green beans.
200-250g yellow, flat, or runner beans
For the dressing
2 medium red onions, finely chopped
100ml good-quality red wine vinegar
4-5tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the red onions in a saucepan with the vinegar and 2tbsp water. Bring to the boil; simmer for 3-4 minutes until the liquid has almost evaporated.
Transfer to a bowl, whisk in the oil; season.
Cook the beans in boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes until tender then drain; arrange on serving plates and spoon the dressing over.
Life & Style blogs
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
Condom couture: Latex dresses hit the catwalk to raise awareness for HIV and Aids
- 1 Calum Chambers: Southampton's latest example of Generation X-factor
- 2 Crash victims in car flattened by shipping container emerge with just minor injuries
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Exclusive: David Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 5 Joey Barton and Yossi Benayoun become involved in Twitter row over Israel-Gaza conflict
iJobs Food & Drink
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...