Amorous alternative for tea drinkers
An aphrodisiac tea was launched today ahead of Valentine's Day.
Department store Selfridges said the Love Potion blend was created using jasmine silver needle white tea, pink rosebuds and sweet orange flowers.
The limited edition product leads to an increased sex drive, the store claims.
Alex Probyn, of Blends for Friends, which created the tea, said: "There are all sorts of herbs that are supposedly aphrodisiacs, but you can't beat a good, pretty blend with rosebuds for Valentine's Day."
Tanya McMullen, Selfridges' grocery buyer, said: "We're a nation of tea drinkers, so what better way to celebrate Valentine's Day than with a cup of our favourite hot beverage - but with an amorous twist."
Britons drink about 45,000 cups of tea in a lifetime. English Breakfast and Earl Grey are the most popular, but herbal infusions and speciality blends have grown in popularity recently.
Love Potion is available at Selfridges at £11 per 100g.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...