Weird web news: An auction for 'kids living on rubbish dumps'
In other auction news, we were alerted to one by perhaps the most un-self-aware tweet in history: “HELP KIDS LIVING ON RUBBISH DUMPS.
Pls bid on my @Versace heels in #celebrityshoesauction” chirped Elizabeth Hurley on Tuesday. The signed shoes were £255 at time of writing. Bidding ends on Sunday. Altogether wittier was the Mother London agency’s To Russia With Love set of Russian dolls depicting “gay British icons”. Seven sets of dolls will be auctioned off one at a time over the coming days while extra sets will be delivered to the Russian Embassy in London and the Kremlin to “stick two fingers up at homophobia in Russia”. Molodtsom to all involved.
The Small Steps Project Shoe Auction is here
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
£40k - £50k depending on experience: Sheffield Doc/Fest: Sheffield Doc/Fest is...
£15-20k (DOE) + Benefits / Bonus: Guru Careers: Joining as a Resourcer / Juni...
£55 - 70k: Guru Careers: Head of Design & UX / UX Architect is needed to join ...
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - A specialist opportunity with ...