Ian Burrell: No breakfast for Kevin Maguire
As one of the most high-profile left-wing figures in Fleet Street, the Daily Mirror’s Kevin Maguire has been all over the news channels of late, following the deaths of Bob Crow and then Tony Benn.
When he’s reviewing the papers on Sky News, Maguire usually arrives as a left-right double act with Andrew Pierce of the Daily Mail. But it’s Pierce alone who has been hired by the new national talk radio network LBC for its Saturday breakfast show starting this week.
Which is a shame, because LBC has gone with a co-presenter format for its Sunday morning show, combining the talents of Sky News’s Kay Burley and Stig Abell, the former director of the Press Complaints Commission and now managing editor of The Sun. That seems a coup for what used to be known as the Murdoch empire.
As for Maguire, he may have decided his working week is long enough already. Bob and Tony would surely have respected that.
'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
Tower of London poppies: Tens of thousands of people flock to see installation in its final days
Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
Bryan Adams' heartstopping images of wounded British soldiers to go on show at Somerset House
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 4 Paul Hollywood: Police asked if I wanted them to arrest Mary Berry for vandalism after she 'defaced' my car
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
£20000 - £45000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Key featuresA highly motivated ...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel your sales role is l...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £100,000: SThree: If you would like to work fo...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Uncapped Commission £100k +: SThree: Trainee Recru...