Top Gear's May injured in accident
Friday 24 December 2010
The TV presenter James May has been injured while filming on location in Syria. The accident took place during a shoot for the BBC car show Top Gear, replicating the journey of the Three Wise Men.
May, 47, was assisting colleague Jeremy Clarkson in getting his car out of a ditch in a remote desert location when he hit his head on a rock, knocking himself unconscious.
May was rushed to hospital where he received a brain scan and stitches. The incident can be seen on the Top Gear Christmas special on Boxing Day on BBC2. In 2006 an accident left fellow Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond in a coma.
Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks, Raisa and a new twist in the saga of a horse fit for a Prime Minister
Israel-Gaza conflict: Palestinian death toll now exceeds 500 – but Israel fights on
Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Blogger captures footage ‘showing BUK missile launcher that shot down jet’ now back in Russia
- 1 Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
- 2 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 3 Saneie Masilela, 9, marries Helen Shabangu, 53 years his senior, for the second time
- 4 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 5 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client who are a leading publisher in...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A data analytics are currently looking t...
17.5k + Commission (£18.5k after probation period): ESI Media: You will be res...
£25k - £30k (DOE): Guru Careers: Two expert PPC Account Managers are needed to...