11-year-old boy sexually assaulted in Buckinghamshire
Police have asked anyone with information to come forward
An 11-year-old boy was sexually assaulted as he walked along a country lane on Friday afternoon, the police have said.
Thames Valley Police said the alleged attack by a man believed to be in his 40s happened around 4.40pm yesterday in Wendover, Buckinghamshire.
The schoolboy was alleged to have been sexually assaulted when he was walking along Bacombe Lane. He was able to run away after the incident.
The suspect is described as a white man aged approximately 40, with stubble on his face. He was wearing a grey and black diamond-patterned hooded top, dark blue jeans and black shoes.
Detective Inspector Ben Gasson said: “I am appealing for anyone who saw a man matching the description or anyone seen acting suspiciously in this area to contact police.
"The victim was not hurt during the incident but has understandably been left shaken.
"Incidents of this nature are extremely rare and are investigated thoroughly however if anyone has any concerns they can call their local neighbourhood team via our non-emergency number 101".
Neighbourhood patrols are taking place in the area and enquires are ongoing.
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
General Election 2015: Sturgeon claims Scots 'appalled' by Ed Miliband's refusal to work with SNP
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds