Man arrested after curry house manager dies following argument with customer
Diner and boss are reported to have had a dispute over the bill and quality of the food
The manager of a curry restaurant in the centre of Manchester has died after he and a customer argued over the bill and the quality of the food.
The 40-year-old boss collapsed late in the evening of 6 December at Akbar’s Indian Restaurant and was rushed to hospital, but emergency services were unable to save his life.
Police officers have arrested a 37-year-old man who remains in police custody for questioning.
A spokesman from Greater Manchester Police said: “At 10.45pm on Friday police were called following a dispute at a restaurant on Liverpool Road in Manchester city centre.
“Police are investigating the incident and enquiries are ongoing to establish the cause of death.”
Ukraine crisis: Putin will cut gas to Europe unless Russia is paid by the end of the week
Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
Missing Mexico teachers: Protests organised by union quashed in violent police crackdown
Mohammed Emwazi: Nine things we now know about man named as Isis militant 'Jihadi John'
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
Ukraine crisis: 'One miscalculation, and Britain faces an existential threat to our whole being...'
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 Muslim women's rights campaigner writes heartfelt letter to girls thinking of joining Isis