A police officer has been stabbed and an alleged assailant shot by armed police outside the Houses of Parliament.
Here's what we know so far:
- Police officer died after being stabbed outside Parliament
- Two people reported dead after a car ploughed into crowd on Westminster bridge causing multiple casualties
- Metropolitan police are treating this as a terrorist incident
- Eyewitness account of the stabbing incident outside Parliament gate
- Donald Trump has been briefed on the attack, Sean Spicer confirms
- Theresa May was '40 yards away' from scene of stabbing, was immediately evacuated and confirmed safe
- House of Commons session suspended and MPs evacuated
Please allow a moment for the live blog to load
Commons Leader David Lidington has told MPs a "police officer has been stabbed" and the "alleged assailant was shot by armed police" following a "serious" incident within the parliamentary estate.
Minutes later, an emergency services helicopter landed in Parliament Square, as sirens were heard outside.
Air ambulance medics came from the helicopter to assist the casualties.
Two people lay on the ground in the yard. One of them appeared to have had clothes removed as emergency workers attempted to resuscitate the pair.
Parliament Square was closed to traffic.