This promotional music video for the city of Ames, Iowa is about the best thing on the internet
Hooray for clean water and changeable weather!
Just when you thought family band Three Beat Slide had created the most awkward music video ever with the timeless "Summertime is Great", the state of Iowa has come up with something very special espousing life in the city of Ames.
I'd be lying if I said it made me cringe, I'm just fully behind these guys and there sheer unbridled enthusiasm for life. I'm that guy pretending to play drums in the back of the CGI truck. We are all that guy pretending to play drums in the back of that CGI truck.
Here's a non-exhaustive list of brilliant things about it:
- The biggest selling point for Ames appears to be the quality of its water.
- There is several mentions of the fact that you can enjoy 'four seasons' in Ames, something obviously impossible elsewhere in the world.
- WHEN THE ACOUSTIC GUITAR MELTS INTO AN ELECTRIC FOR THE SOLO (2:27).
- The lacklustre "hoorays!" of local business owners dragged into the video against their will.
- The fact that two people managed to find love in Ames is a cause of celebration.
- “Just grab a bit to eat! There’s a place on Main.”
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...