This promotional music video for the city of Ames, Iowa is about the best thing on the internet
Hooray for clean water and changeable weather!
Just when you thought family band Three Beat Slide had created the most awkward music video ever with the timeless "Summertime is Great", the state of Iowa has come up with something very special espousing life in the city of Ames.
I'd be lying if I said it made me cringe, I'm just fully behind these guys and there sheer unbridled enthusiasm for life. I'm that guy pretending to play drums in the back of the CGI truck. We are all that guy pretending to play drums in the back of that CGI truck.
Here's a non-exhaustive list of brilliant things about it:
- The biggest selling point for Ames appears to be the quality of its water.
- There is several mentions of the fact that you can enjoy 'four seasons' in Ames, something obviously impossible elsewhere in the world.
- WHEN THE ACOUSTIC GUITAR MELTS INTO AN ELECTRIC FOR THE SOLO (2:27).
- The lacklustre "hoorays!" of local business owners dragged into the video against their will.
- The fact that two people managed to find love in Ames is a cause of celebration.
- “Just grab a bit to eat! There’s a place on Main.”
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 4 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Germanwings captain Patrick Sondenheimer tried to break into locked cockpit door 'with an axe' as plane was descending
Amanda Knox murder conviction: Italian court overturns verdict for US student and Raffaele Sollecito in the killing of Meredith Kercher
Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons
The battle for the Middle East's future begins in Yemen as Saudi Arabia jumps into the abyss
#FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Germanwings plane crash live: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz wanted to 'do something people would remember him for'
£12000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A opportunity has arisen for a ...
£32000 - £38000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful accountancy practice in...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped commission: SThree: Does earning a 6 figu...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...