This promotional music video for the city of Ames, Iowa is about the best thing on the internet
Hooray for clean water and changeable weather!
Just when you thought family band Three Beat Slide had created the most awkward music video ever with the timeless "Summertime is Great", the state of Iowa has come up with something very special espousing life in the city of Ames.
I'd be lying if I said it made me cringe, I'm just fully behind these guys and there sheer unbridled enthusiasm for life. I'm that guy pretending to play drums in the back of the CGI truck. We are all that guy pretending to play drums in the back of that CGI truck.
Here's a non-exhaustive list of brilliant things about it:
- The biggest selling point for Ames appears to be the quality of its water.
- There is several mentions of the fact that you can enjoy 'four seasons' in Ames, something obviously impossible elsewhere in the world.
- WHEN THE ACOUSTIC GUITAR MELTS INTO AN ELECTRIC FOR THE SOLO (2:27).
- The lacklustre "hoorays!" of local business owners dragged into the video against their will.
- The fact that two people managed to find love in Ames is a cause of celebration.
- “Just grab a bit to eat! There’s a place on Main.”
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
- 2 Scottish referendum results: David Cameron set to unveil major devolution of powers to England
- 3 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 4 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Scottish independence results live: Reunited kingdom - Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum
Scottish referendum results: David Cameron set to unveil major devolution of powers to England
Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
Scottish independence: YouGov final prediction puts No campaign 8 points ahead - but Yes team remains optimistic
Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£90 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Leicester: Are you a Teacher looking fo...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Leicester: Are you a Newly Qualified Teacher lo...
£90 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Leicester: Part Time Primary TeacherOur...
£7 - £8 per hour: Randstad Education Cheshire: The Job:School Science Technici...