This promotional music video for the city of Ames, Iowa is about the best thing on the internet
Hooray for clean water and changeable weather!
Just when you thought family band Three Beat Slide had created the most awkward music video ever with the timeless "Summertime is Great", the state of Iowa has come up with something very special espousing life in the city of Ames.
I'd be lying if I said it made me cringe, I'm just fully behind these guys and there sheer unbridled enthusiasm for life. I'm that guy pretending to play drums in the back of the CGI truck. We are all that guy pretending to play drums in the back of that CGI truck.
Here's a non-exhaustive list of brilliant things about it:
- The biggest selling point for Ames appears to be the quality of its water.
- There is several mentions of the fact that you can enjoy 'four seasons' in Ames, something obviously impossible elsewhere in the world.
- WHEN THE ACOUSTIC GUITAR MELTS INTO AN ELECTRIC FOR THE SOLO (2:27).
- The lacklustre "hoorays!" of local business owners dragged into the video against their will.
- The fact that two people managed to find love in Ames is a cause of celebration.
- “Just grab a bit to eat! There’s a place on Main.”
- 2 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 3 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 Ian Brady: Moors murderer announces his support for Ukip and the SNP
Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
Russian hack of President Obama's emails worse than previously admitted
Ian Brady: Moors murderer announces his support for Ukip and the SNP
UK weather: Britain braced for snow to replace sun as arctic air mass moves in
Nepal earthquake: US Pastor Tony Miano sparks outcry by suggesting Nepalis should convert and not rebuild their 'pagan shrines'
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
£32969 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is going through a period o...
£35000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Data Engineer is required to ...
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...