Just when you thought family band Three Beat Slide had created the most awkward music video ever with the timeless "Summertime is Great", the state of Iowa has come up with something very special espousing life in the city of Ames.
I'd be lying if I said it made me cringe, I'm just fully behind these guys and there sheer unbridled enthusiasm for life. I'm that guy pretending to play drums in the back of the CGI truck. We are all that guy pretending to play drums in the back of that CGI truck.
Here's a non-exhaustive list of brilliant things about it:
- The biggest selling point for Ames appears to be the quality of its water.
- There is several mentions of the fact that you can enjoy 'four seasons' in Ames, something obviously impossible elsewhere in the world.
- WHEN THE ACOUSTIC GUITAR MELTS INTO AN ELECTRIC FOR THE SOLO (2:27).
- The lacklustre "hoorays!" of local business owners dragged into the video against their will.
- The fact that two people managed to find love in Ames is a cause of celebration.
- “Just grab a bit to eat! There’s a place on Main.”Reuse content