One hell of an Austrian postmark
It was a Fucking nightmare for the 104 residents of the unfortunately-named hamlet in Austria. Fuckingers, as they are called in Fucking, whose name is apparently derived from Focko, an old Bavarian nobleman, were told yesterday they could not switch to Fugging to avoid ridicule and the theft of road signs (a dozen have been pinched).
Bad news for them but good for the easily amused, who need not even travel so far to titter. Here follows a selection of Britain's rudest places: Bell End; Nob End; Pratts Bottom; Shitterton; Wetwang; Balls Green and Twatt.
In the US, meanwhile, some people driving north from Pennsylvania to New York will take five hours to get from Intercourse to Climax.
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£30000 - £35000 per annum: May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're an ambi...
£43000 - £50000 per annum + £5K Car Allowance + Bens : May & Stephens Recrui...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Bens : May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're...
£16000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £23k - £45k: Connex Education: Connex Educatio...