Unfinished business? The 22 countries worldwide that Britain's not yet invaded
According to a new study, of the 193 countries in the world, Britain has invaded all but 22. The figures come from a new book by Stuart Laycock called All the Countries We've Ever Invaded and counts everything from full-scale invasions – Afghanistan – to piratical expeditions backed by the government – Ecuador.
Of the list of 22, several offer inviting pretexts for a little light invading. Paraguay, I'm told, is lovely at this time of year. The Marshall Islands have the most attractive beaches. And just think of the art in the Vatican City. Might leave Monaco, though – we don't need any more tax-dodgers.
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
£16000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for individual...
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Project Coordinator is requir...
£40000 - £95000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Trainee Vehicle Inspectors / Pu...