The 10 Best gardens to visit
1. Chartwell, Kent
Adult: £6.50, child: £3.20, nationaltrust.org.uk
Winston Churchill's place of inspiration and rest is now in the hands of the National Trust
2. Coughton Court, Warwickshire
Adult: £6.50, child: £3.25, coughtoncourt.co.uk
Forget traditional mazes, this has a labyrinth made from roses.
3. Castle Howard, York
Adult: £8.50, child: £8, castlehoward.co.uk
Be Charles and Sebastian for a day at the location for the 1980's adaptation of Brideshead Revisited.
4. Inveraray Castle Gardens, Argyll
Adult: £10, child: £6.50, inveraray-castle.com
Inveraray's gardens are a vault of horticultural history.
5. Arley Hall Gardens, Cheshire
Adult: £10, child: £4 arleyhallandgardens.com
This formal garden has been one of England's finest for 250 years.
6. Alnwick Gardens, Northumberland
Adult: £11, child: £9, alnwickgarden.com
The gardens here stood in for Hogwarts in the Harry Potter films.
7. Bodnant Gardens, Snowdonia
Adult: £8.34, child: £4.07, nationaltrust.org.uk
There are terraced lawns, a romantic waterfall and great views.
8. Antrim Castle Gardens, Antrim
Antrim Castle burnt down in 1922, but the gardens remain, with a variety of original "rooms" to explore.
9. Biddulph Grange, Stoke on Trent
Adult: £6.68, child: £3.36, nationaltrust.org.uk
A high Victorian garden featuring many continents in miniature.
10. Hidcote, Gloucestershire
Adult: £9.05, child: £4.54, nationaltrust.org.uk
As fine an example of an Arts and Crafts garden as you're likely to see. It is split into different "rooms".
Life & Style blogs
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- 1 Reyhaneh Jabbari: Iran due to execute woman for murder of her alleged attempted rapist
- 2 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 3 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- < Previous
- Next >
Highly Attractive Pakage: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - A highly attractive oppor...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (Campaigns, Offlin...
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...
£27000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client who are...