The 10 Best gardens to visit
1. Chartwell, Kent
Adult: £6.50, child: £3.20, nationaltrust.org.uk
Winston Churchill's place of inspiration and rest is now in the hands of the National Trust
2. Coughton Court, Warwickshire
Adult: £6.50, child: £3.25, coughtoncourt.co.uk
Forget traditional mazes, this has a labyrinth made from roses.
3. Castle Howard, York
Adult: £8.50, child: £8, castlehoward.co.uk
Be Charles and Sebastian for a day at the location for the 1980's adaptation of Brideshead Revisited.
4. Inveraray Castle Gardens, Argyll
Adult: £10, child: £6.50, inveraray-castle.com
Inveraray's gardens are a vault of horticultural history.
5. Arley Hall Gardens, Cheshire
Adult: £10, child: £4 arleyhallandgardens.com
This formal garden has been one of England's finest for 250 years.
6. Alnwick Gardens, Northumberland
Adult: £11, child: £9, alnwickgarden.com
The gardens here stood in for Hogwarts in the Harry Potter films.
7. Bodnant Gardens, Snowdonia
Adult: £8.34, child: £4.07, nationaltrust.org.uk
There are terraced lawns, a romantic waterfall and great views.
8. Antrim Castle Gardens, Antrim
Antrim Castle burnt down in 1922, but the gardens remain, with a variety of original "rooms" to explore.
9. Biddulph Grange, Stoke on Trent
Adult: £6.68, child: £3.36, nationaltrust.org.uk
A high Victorian garden featuring many continents in miniature.
10. Hidcote, Gloucestershire
Adult: £9.05, child: £4.54, nationaltrust.org.uk
As fine an example of an Arts and Crafts garden as you're likely to see. It is split into different "rooms".
Life & Style blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...