The 10 Best gardens to visit
1. Chartwell, Kent
Adult: £6.50, child: £3.20, nationaltrust.org.uk
Winston Churchill's place of inspiration and rest is now in the hands of the National Trust
2. Coughton Court, Warwickshire
Adult: £6.50, child: £3.25, coughtoncourt.co.uk
Forget traditional mazes, this has a labyrinth made from roses.
3. Castle Howard, York
Adult: £8.50, child: £8, castlehoward.co.uk
Be Charles and Sebastian for a day at the location for the 1980's adaptation of Brideshead Revisited.
4. Inveraray Castle Gardens, Argyll
Adult: £10, child: £6.50, inveraray-castle.com
Inveraray's gardens are a vault of horticultural history.
5. Arley Hall Gardens, Cheshire
Adult: £10, child: £4 arleyhallandgardens.com
This formal garden has been one of England's finest for 250 years.
6. Alnwick Gardens, Northumberland
Adult: £11, child: £9, alnwickgarden.com
The gardens here stood in for Hogwarts in the Harry Potter films.
7. Bodnant Gardens, Snowdonia
Adult: £8.34, child: £4.07, nationaltrust.org.uk
There are terraced lawns, a romantic waterfall and great views.
8. Antrim Castle Gardens, Antrim
Antrim Castle burnt down in 1922, but the gardens remain, with a variety of original "rooms" to explore.
9. Biddulph Grange, Stoke on Trent
Adult: £6.68, child: £3.36, nationaltrust.org.uk
A high Victorian garden featuring many continents in miniature.
10. Hidcote, Gloucestershire
Adult: £9.05, child: £4.54, nationaltrust.org.uk
As fine an example of an Arts and Crafts garden as you're likely to see. It is split into different "rooms".
Life & Style blogs
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Big Bang Theory to get special Star Wars episode with help from Lucasfilm
- 3 Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
- 4 Pharrell Williams 'Happy': British Muslims dance to song in video
- 5 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...