The 10 Best gardens to visit
1. Chartwell, Kent
Adult: £6.50, child: £3.20, nationaltrust.org.uk
Winston Churchill's place of inspiration and rest is now in the hands of the National Trust
2. Coughton Court, Warwickshire
Adult: £6.50, child: £3.25, coughtoncourt.co.uk
Forget traditional mazes, this has a labyrinth made from roses.
3. Castle Howard, York
Adult: £8.50, child: £8, castlehoward.co.uk
Be Charles and Sebastian for a day at the location for the 1980's adaptation of Brideshead Revisited.
4. Inveraray Castle Gardens, Argyll
Adult: £10, child: £6.50, inveraray-castle.com
Inveraray's gardens are a vault of horticultural history.
5. Arley Hall Gardens, Cheshire
Adult: £10, child: £4 arleyhallandgardens.com
This formal garden has been one of England's finest for 250 years.
6. Alnwick Gardens, Northumberland
Adult: £11, child: £9, alnwickgarden.com
The gardens here stood in for Hogwarts in the Harry Potter films.
7. Bodnant Gardens, Snowdonia
Adult: £8.34, child: £4.07, nationaltrust.org.uk
There are terraced lawns, a romantic waterfall and great views.
8. Antrim Castle Gardens, Antrim
Antrim Castle burnt down in 1922, but the gardens remain, with a variety of original "rooms" to explore.
9. Biddulph Grange, Stoke on Trent
Adult: £6.68, child: £3.36, nationaltrust.org.uk
A high Victorian garden featuring many continents in miniature.
10. Hidcote, Gloucestershire
Adult: £9.05, child: £4.54, nationaltrust.org.uk
As fine an example of an Arts and Crafts garden as you're likely to see. It is split into different "rooms".
Life & Style blogs
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 3 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 4 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 5 Man jumps into bear pen at zoo, fights bear and loses
£27500 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£19500 - £23500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced B2B Telemarketer wa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This global company are looking for two Showro...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This publishing company based i...