Football review 2012: Quotes of the year
A look back at the year in football
Wednesday 19 December 2012
With the year drawing to a close, our series looks back at the highs, lows, absurd and brilliant from the world of football in 2012.
As we look back at the quotes of the year, among the subjects up for discussion were Roy Keane's underwear, Rio being short changed and why postmen don't do cartwheels every time they post a letter.
Click here or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide.
Football review 2012...
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
Ashes 2013-14: Mitchell Johnson is proving England are spent force
Ashes 2013-14: England's batsmen have got 'no bottle' says Geoffrey Boycott
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester United 0 Newcastle United 1 match report: David Moyes powerless to prevent dismal defeat
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail