ONE YEAR TO GO...
The London 2012 Olympics in numbers
Wednesday 27 July 2011
With one year to go until the start of the Olympics, we take a sideways look at the Games in numbers.
From the percentage of male bids for beach volleyball tickets to the size of Boris Johnson's 'army', we've got all the numbers up to 2012 and beyond.
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
techA piece of new hi-tech kit aims to get us scribbling again
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do