Sport : top in 2008
Wednesday 24 December 2008
Not surprisingly, the Olympics dominated your reading of the sports pages this year.
Our exclusive picture diary from our photographer David Ashdown topped the bill, with the spectacular opening and closing ceremonies, as well as the glamour of some of the contenders.
Elsewhere you were concerned with transfer speculation, our round-up of transfer deadline-day deals and Arsenal and Liverpool’s dealings in particular.
But also, strangely, with Ronaldinho’s debut Milan derby.
The most read Sport articles in 2008
- David Ashdown’s Olympic picture gallery
- The latest transfer news and speculation for your club
- Photo-finish – The Olympic Games comes to an end
- Arsenal attempt to capture Alonso on hectic deadline day
- Stunning ceremony welcomes Games
- The greatest show the world has ever seen
- Arsenal summer transfers
- Meet the Olympics contenders for the gold medal in glamour
- Ronaldinho waits in the wings for Milan derby
- Liverpool January transfers
Latest in Sport
Why does Manuel Pellegrini keep picking Martin Demichelis for Manchester City?
England 29 Wales 18 player ratings: Who was the star man at Twickenham?
David Meyler, Samuel Eto'o and the best, most controversial and bizarre goal celebrations
Bayern Munich v Arsenal: 10 reasons for Arsenal to be optimistic of Champions League progress
Bayern Munich v Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pleads for 'fair chance' from referee as Arsenal look to turn around Champions League deficit
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: One of the largest mobile advert...
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client specialises in creati...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Private Cli...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residential...