Sport : top in 2008
Wednesday 24 December 2008
Not surprisingly, the Olympics dominated your reading of the sports pages this year.
Our exclusive picture diary from our photographer David Ashdown topped the bill, with the spectacular opening and closing ceremonies, as well as the glamour of some of the contenders.
Elsewhere you were concerned with transfer speculation, our round-up of transfer deadline-day deals and Arsenal and Liverpool’s dealings in particular.
But also, strangely, with Ronaldinho’s debut Milan derby.
The most read Sport articles in 2008
- David Ashdown’s Olympic picture gallery
- The latest transfer news and speculation for your club
- Photo-finish – The Olympic Games comes to an end
- Arsenal attempt to capture Alonso on hectic deadline day
- Stunning ceremony welcomes Games
- The greatest show the world has ever seen
- Arsenal summer transfers
- Meet the Olympics contenders for the gold medal in glamour
- Ronaldinho waits in the wings for Milan derby
- Liverpool January transfers
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Frustrated Steven Gerrard should have started crucial game between Liverpool and Manchester United
Paul Scholes: It's amazing Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick has so few caps for England
New kits for 2015/16: Have the Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Barcelona strips been leaked?
What time does WWE Wrestlemania 31 start? Full match card and predictions ahead of Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns and Sting vs Triple H
England vs Lithuania: Theo Walcott 'at risk of being left behind' in Three Lions pecking order
- 1 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 4 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
- 5 Cate Blanchett loses temper during interview: 'That's your f**king question?'
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Vote Ukip, says far-right group Britain First
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a unique opportunity to...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Trainee Managers are required to join the UK's...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will maximise the effective...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + uncapped commission : SThree: Hello! I know most ...