01 July 2004 12:00 AM
Rats beheaded with scissors and mice kept in a 'pitiful state': Imperial College London vows to overhaul treatment of animals in labs after video emerges showing 'appalling suffering'
Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
Better late than never: 90-year-old grandmother waits seven decades to graduate from University of Manchester after WW2 got in the way
American student 'attacked in Cambridge by thugs who thought he looked like Harry Potter'
Woman to be disciplined by Exeter University after being named 'Britain’s horniest student' by dating website
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial