China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Germany and Australia among top five countries using the yuan to finance trade
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 21 June 2011
Bitcoin, an online currency beloved of libertarians and technophiles, which had been threatening to break into the mainstream, was facing the worst crisis of its two-year existence last night after hackers brought down its biggest exchange.
Sunday 29 May 2011
Saturday 28 May 2011
Friday 20 May 2011
BP today clawed back 1.1 billion US dollars (£677 million) from one of its partners on the Deepwater Horizon rig to cover claims related to the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster.
Monday 02 May 2011
Stock markets around the world received a boost today from the news that Osama bin Laden was dead, with the event also triggering a fall in oil prices.
Wednesday 27 April 2011
Monday 25 April 2011
Monday 18 April 2011
World markets plunged today after a key ratings agency shocked traders with a downgrade to its outlook for US government debt.
Saturday 16 April 2011
Four interest rate rises in China and eight in India since the start of last year have failed to tame inflation in their fast-developing economies, alarming new data showed yesterday.
Friday 15 April 2011
Wednesday 30 March 2011
Insurance market Lloyd's of London saw profits almost halve last year after a string of natural disasters sent claims soaring.
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do