Like this page on Facebook for updates
Saturday 21 June 2008
Saturday 21 June 2008
Saturday 10 May 2008
Saturday 19 April 2008
Wednesday 09 April 2008
A standing dish is soon to be taken off Ireland's racing menu. It was announced yesterday that 10-time Grade One winner Beef Or Salmon will step out on to a track to compete for the last time at Punchestown in 14 days' time. The 12-year-old will take on his youngers – and now betters – in the Gold Cup at the last of the season's jumping festivals but win or lose is guaranteed the ovation of the meeting.
Tuesday 19 February 2008
The United States has ordered the largest recall of beef in its history following the release of video footage showing downed cattle – a term used to describe animals who collapse and are too ill to stand back up – being abused on their way to a Californian meat processing plant.
Sunday 17 February 2008
Sunday 11 February 2007
Sunday 26 November 2006
Sunday 08 October 2006
Tony Blair has signalled that British soldiers fighting abroad will receive extra cash payments. He made the announcement as two journalists were killed in Afghanistan in a renewed escalation of violence. Mr Blair said in an interview that he was looking at a "package" of additional support for front-line troops.
Saturday 01 July 2006
Q. My wife and I once went on a hiking tour of southern Italy, which we both really enjoyed. Since having children we haven't been able to pursue this kind of holiday; however, now our offspring are a little older, we were wondering if there are any walking tours for families? They are aged six and nine and are pretty energetic and affable so group trips aren't out of the question. We would be interested in any European destinations that aren't overly hot during summer. Can you help?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail