Minister says tackling poverty will eventually benefit the UK through increased trade
Biofuels (including Bio Diesel)
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 09 October 1996
Thursday 10 August 1995
Tuesday 30 August 1994
CARS on a holiday route near Thirsk, North Yorkshire, were shot at by snipers, hidden in woodland, who fired high-calibre .22 pellets at passing vehicles. Three youths were helping police with their inquiries.
Thursday 07 July 1994
A teacher was shot in the back by a pellet from an air pistol fired by a 13-year-old boy at Greenfield Comprehensive, Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham.
These guns should never be played with: Replica guns, which look like the real thing and can injure, are becoming a playground craze. Christine Aziz reports
Sunday 08 May 1994
FOURTEEN-year-old Ryan had been spending a weekend with a schoolfriend, when his mother received a call from the family saying he had been shot in the eye by a 'soft air gun'. Ryan and his mates had been playing with the gun, which belonged to his friend (also 14). One of the boys had fired it, and the plastic pellet (the size of a small pea) had grazed Ryan's right retina. After five days in hospital it is still not certain whether he will regain full use of his eye.
Saturday 09 October 1993
THE Complete Book of Cacti and Succulents by Terry Hewitt (Dorling Kindersley, pounds 15.99) says that slugs and snails 'feed on leaves and fleshy stems . . . To eradicate persistent offenders, scatter slug pellets between the plants or apply a preparation based on aluminium sulphate.' An A-Z plant catalogue forms the chief part of this beautifully produced book but there is a useful section on ways to use succulents and cacti inside and out.
Tuesday 27 July 1993
Sir: The suggestion that David Townsend should eat his way through all 38 William books ('An appetite for Just William'; Diary, 23 July) gives an added resonance to the meaning of consumer.
Saturday 08 May 1993
A gun being examined by an Old Bailey juror considering verdicts in a robbery case went off yesterday, damaging a ceiling.
Tuesday 29 December 1992
A man was wounded in the face by an airgun pellet fired into his home in Yelverton, west Devon, from a passing car. The pellet passed through a window and hit him just below the right eye.
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf