IRN-Bru maker AG Barr has announced an 8 per cent increase in third quarter sales after the company bounced from its failed merger with Britvic.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 20 January 2012
There's no better illustration of the business maxim "change or die" than Kodak. The company whose name was, for almost a century, synonymous with film has filed for bankruptcy.
Wednesday 18 January 2012
Jerry Yang, the founder of Yahoo, is leaving the company that he founded in his university dorm room 17 years ago, it was announced last night.
Saturday 14 January 2012
A blood test for the human form of mad cow disease is being used in the UK for the first time, it has been revealed.
Friday 13 January 2012
Someone call social services, quick: these four young fellows have clearly been locked away in a darkened room for months with nothing but the first few Pixies albums for company.
Friday 13 January 2012
Satellite pictures reveal areas transformed by ransom riches
Tuesday 03 January 2012
A potent cultural experience has been created by the renovation of Edinburgh's 122-year-old institution, says Jay Merrick
Tuesday 27 December 2011
Life on Marsden
Tuesday 20 December 2011
Times are tough for the embattled entertainment retailer, with terrible half-year results raising concerns over its future. James Thompson reports
Monday 19 December 2011
Chancellor George Osborne revealed plans to further scale down the investment banking arm at RBS and shift the taxpayer-backed bank's focus to the UK.
Wednesday 14 December 2011
Wednesday 07 December 2011
Fears the aircraft-parts maker has fingers in too many pies to become a takeover target helped Meggitt finish in last place on the blue-chip index last night. Disappointed investors left the group 17.1p weaker at 366.4p after Credit Suisse said that, despites frequent bid speculation, the wide variety of its operations were likely to put off any predators.
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial