Like this page on Facebook for updates
Saturday 13 December 2008
Travelling in South America comprises a grand tour through improbability. Uncertainty can beset the traveller immediately on arrival: forget the usual red channel/green channel arrangements, because in some countries it is usual at Customs to assess whether inbound passengers have something to declare on an entirely arbitrary basis.
Saturday 13 December 2008
Saturday 06 December 2008
Sunday 23 November 2008
With the assistance of producer Stuart Price, Brandon Flowers & co have turned their backs on empty bluster and taken a few steps in the direction of brash, swaggering pop.
Monday 10 March 2008
Sunday 03 February 2008
Wednesday 23 January 2008
If you were around in the 1970s and the 1980s, the recent success of The Feeling, Mika and The Hoosiers has probably been an irritant. Their songs have taken the airwaves by storm, but their brand of retro-pop makes it too easy to play "spot the lift" from a guilty-pleasure blast from the past. Palladium may just be the exception to the rule. The British four-piece draw on the same decades for inspiration but are as good as the artists they're inspired by: Todd Rundgren, Steely Dan, The Police, Toto, and even Yes in their "Owner of a Lonely Heart" pomp. More crucially, Palladium never sound like they're feeding off the corpse of the past.
Sunday 09 December 2007
Wednesday 02 March 2005
Saturday 12 February 2005
Sunday 06 February 2005
Monday 12 April 2004
Tuesday 23 March 2004
Wednesday 18 February 2004
Thursday 16 October 2003
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Did jetliner fly into area controlled by Taliban? Net widens after claims final satellite signal could have been sent from the ground
- 4 Nasa-funded study warns of ‘collapse of civilisation’ in coming decades
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers