David Cameron has called in senior ministers to Downing Street to ask them to explain why their departments missed key performance targets – which they themselves had set.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 26 October 2010
The City veteran Terry Smith has sold his 5 per cent stake in the stockbroker Collins Stewart for £7.1m, just two weeks after announcing that he was stepping down as deputy chairman.
Sunday 07 March 2010
Collins Stewart is expected to announce that Tim Ingram, the chief executive of Caledonia Investments, is to become its new chairman to replace Terry Smith when the stockbroker delivers full year results next week.
Sunday 27 January 2008
Bosses at City stockbrokers Collins Stewart are believed to be mulling over a management-led buyout of the company, which has seen its share price slump from more than 260p last July to just 136p on Friday.
Thursday 27 October 2005
Sunday 07 August 2005
Tuesday 28 October 2003
Saturday 26 April 2003
Saturday 11 December 1993
Saturday 10 April 1993
Threat of 'catastrophic cascade of collisions' must be averted, warn scientists
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
- 1 Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering nest of potentially deadly spiders in bananas
- 3 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 4 Russell Crowe's Noah banned in three Arab countries before worldwide premiere
- 5 Bob Crow death: RMT Union leader dies of massive heart attack aged 52