David Cameron has called in senior ministers to Downing Street to ask them to explain why their departments missed key performance targets – which they themselves had set.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 26 October 2010
The City veteran Terry Smith has sold his 5 per cent stake in the stockbroker Collins Stewart for £7.1m, just two weeks after announcing that he was stepping down as deputy chairman.
Sunday 07 March 2010
Collins Stewart is expected to announce that Tim Ingram, the chief executive of Caledonia Investments, is to become its new chairman to replace Terry Smith when the stockbroker delivers full year results next week.
Sunday 27 January 2008
Bosses at City stockbrokers Collins Stewart are believed to be mulling over a management-led buyout of the company, which has seen its share price slump from more than 260p last July to just 136p on Friday.
Thursday 27 October 2005
Sunday 07 August 2005
Tuesday 28 October 2003
Saturday 26 April 2003
Saturday 11 December 1993
Saturday 10 April 1993
Apple has been hit by complaints about the 1.1GB download
Much-loved cartoon character returns - without Sir David Jason
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Matt Smith is set to join cast of the Jane Austen classic - with a twist
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Have you heard about the film Singapore has banned its people from watching? Well, you have now