David Cameron has called in senior ministers to Downing Street to ask them to explain why their departments missed key performance targets – which they themselves had set.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 26 October 2010
The City veteran Terry Smith has sold his 5 per cent stake in the stockbroker Collins Stewart for £7.1m, just two weeks after announcing that he was stepping down as deputy chairman.
Sunday 07 March 2010
Collins Stewart is expected to announce that Tim Ingram, the chief executive of Caledonia Investments, is to become its new chairman to replace Terry Smith when the stockbroker delivers full year results next week.
Sunday 27 January 2008
Bosses at City stockbrokers Collins Stewart are believed to be mulling over a management-led buyout of the company, which has seen its share price slump from more than 260p last July to just 136p on Friday.
Thursday 27 October 2005
Sunday 07 August 2005
Tuesday 28 October 2003
Saturday 26 April 2003
Saturday 11 December 1993
Saturday 10 April 1993
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet