The public flocked to see British films last year as UK box-office takings passed £1bn for the first time. The British Film Institute, publishing its 10th annual Statistical Yearbook yesterday, hailed 2011 as a year in which "British film thrived".
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 18 February 2011
The theatre agent who discovered the script for The King's Speech and was instrumental in casting one of its lead actors will not attend this month's Academy Awards, where the film is expected to sweep the board.
Thursday 27 January 2011
Could the success of The King's Speech boost efforts to help children with communication difficulties?
Thursday 20 January 2011
She was a quiet baby, and a quiet child. But it was not to an extent that was particularly alarming. I remember sitting in the garden with my husband, saying: 'This time next year, we won't be able to shut her up.'"
Monday 10 January 2011
Colin Firth film The King's Speech has notched up another victory by topping the UK box office.
Sunday 09 January 2011
Friday 07 January 2011
Monday 03 January 2011
Monday 08 June 2009
Billy Elliot has danced away with 10 Tony Awards, including the title for best musical.
Sunday 11 February 2007
Bernard Matthews's company could face prosecution for safety breaches leading to Britain's first outbreak of bird flu, a government minister said yesterday.
Sunday 26 December 1999
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial