The EU’s Energy Commissioner has said people who think cutting Europe’s carbon emissions will make any difference to global warming are “arrogant or stupid”.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 04 January 2010
Will people all over the world one day be joining bumpers to start road trains? That's the dream of the developers of the Safe Road Trains for the Environment (Sartre) project.
Wednesday 30 December 2009
Wallpaper which emits light could replace traditional light bulbs and cut carbon emissions within a few years, it was claimed today.
Tuesday 04 August 2009
Ofgem, the UK energy regulator, has told Britain's regional electricity networks to invest £6.5bn in the next five years to upgrade their creaking infrastructure, 17 per cent less than the companies forecast.
Wednesday 01 July 2009
"I am not against development", said the filmmaker I met with today. "Of course not. "But the question we must ask ourselves is, development for whom, and at whose cost?"
Saturday 01 April 2006
Saturday 11 March 2006
Tuesday 15 November 2005
Wednesday 02 November 2005
Sunday 25 September 2005
Thursday 07 July 2005
Sunday 03 July 2005
Monday 29 November 2004
Friday 12 November 2004
Friday 29 October 2004
Going underground is the solution for greenhouse emissions
Sunday 24 October 2004
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 1 Turkish President: 'Equality between men and women is against nature'
- 2 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film