Tax collectors have set up "swap shops" to redistribute surplus envelopes and briefcases. In one Whitehall outpost, staff are using ash from their bio-mass burner as garden fertiliser. Elsewhere, Home Office officials have taken to generating electricity from bootleg alcohol.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 27 February 1996
Monday 20 November 1995
Tuesday 10 October 1995
Sunday 07 May 1995
Tuesday 11 April 1995
Sunday 30 October 1994
Thursday 11 August 1994
Friday 08 July 1994
Monday 04 July 1994
Friday 03 June 1994
Tuesday 17 May 1994
Monday 25 April 1994
Sunday 10 April 1994
Thursday 27 January 1994
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.