There has long been an assumption, undiminished as Germany entered this election year, that the centre-right is certain to prevail and Angela Merkel will be returned for a third term as Chancellor in the autumn. The assumption is as little contested in Germany as it is outside the country. And the fortunes of the main opposition parties have done little to persuade anyone otherwise.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 23 April 1997
Saturday 19 April 1997
Saturday 12 April 1997
Wednesday 09 April 1997
Friday 28 March 1997
Sunday 23 March 1997
Friday 17 January 1997
Monday 13 January 1997
Wednesday 13 March 1996
Sunday 03 March 1996
Monday 29 January 1996
Thursday 12 October 1995
Thursday 10 August 1995
Sunday 09 July 1995
- 1 Heading for the States? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Amir Khan interview: 'One second could end my boxing career'
- 3 Boxing: Purdy set to join long list of British fighters who take the money – and then the beating
- 4 Dan Stevens after Downton Abbey: The erstwhile Matthew Crawley is back in period costume
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.