American magazine People have named Gwyneth Paltrow this year's 'World's Most Beautiful Woman'.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 23 August 2009
It opens with a piano rifft hat shamelessly steals from Coldplay's "Clocks", but it's not long beforethe familiar thud-thud thud of house music takes over, trampling all other musical influences in its wake.
Monday 13 July 2009
Monday 01 June 2009
Monday 14 July 2008
When Lord Goldsmith snagged a lucrative position at US law firm Debevoise & Plimpton, the deal was not without its complications: the former Attorney General was forced to return to the classroom and sit his Qualified Lawyer Transfer test to become a solicitor.
Saturday 05 July 2008
Wednesday 26 March 2008
1Xtra's inaugural urban music event blings with a middleweight line-up of R&B and hip-hop stars, but it seems to be missing something. Perhaps it's the emptiness of a venue in the frosty Midlands at merely 10 per cent of its 40,000 capacity (perhaps thanks to a dodgy train service over Easter). Or the technical hitches that taint most of the performances. Or even the absence of underground names such as the grime youngster Chipmunk, who is steadily capturing fans without the dull sheen of commercial success.
Friday 01 July 2005
Friday 05 September 2003
Monday 11 August 2003
Tuesday 08 April 2003
Friday 07 February 2003
Wednesday 12 June 2002
Sunday 19 December 1999
CDs OF THE YEAR: ROCK: Some easy listenin' Panufnik, better-than- ever Charlatans ... and verbal riches from Richman
Sunday 12 December 1999
Friday 20 March 1998
- 1 Labour rallies behind Flint as deputy leader to offset a Corbyn win
- 2 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 3 It won’t work, Jeremy: The Health Secretary has lost the confidence of the medical profession in his attempt to reform the NHS
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 'Cool kids' can go on to become losers in later life, study finds