Meditating is proven to reduce stress, help us keep calm and sleep better too. Want to master the art? There are a range of apps that help you live a more ‘mindful’ life, wherever you happen to be. Here’s our pick of the best.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 16 December 2009
Friday 06 November 2009
A murderer whose prayers for forgiveness were overheard by police who bugged his car was jailed for life today.
Wednesday 14 October 2009
A top City banker who strangled his unfaithful wife during a violent row after she asked for a divorce was today jailed for eight years.
Sunday 04 October 2009
First performed in Dresden on Good Friday 1736, Zelenka's I Penitenti...brings the New Testament's Mary Magdalene and Saint Peter together with the Old Testament's King David in a dramatic meditation on Christ's tomb.
Friday 25 September 2009
Any new collection from George Szirtes will treat its readers to a unique poetic combination: immense versatility and virtuosity when it comes to form, but also a tireless sympathy that dwells clear-sightedly on shocks, traumas and hard-won renewals from a century of migration and massacre.
Friday 11 September 2009
The closest Nicola Benedetti comes here to the kind of flamboyant expressivity of Zehetmair is on Ravel's "Tzigane", with its gypsy enthusiasm and pizzicato passages, and in her rhapsodic enunciation of Sarasate's "Zigeunerweisen".
Monday 17 August 2009
Friday 31 July 2009
Tuesday 28 July 2009
Thursday 28 May 2009
Tuesday 12 May 2009
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial