My 'The Best of Bond' CD died for Queen and country. Sung along to with abandon, played to destruction, it died nobly. But few recent Bond songs have come close to the high points (and notes) of Shirley Bassey's bests ("Diamonds are Forever"! "Moonraker"!) or Lulu's subtle way with a lyric ("He has a powerful WEAPON, he charges a million a SHOT").
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 25 July 2005
Wednesday 09 February 2005
Monday 07 February 2005
Friday 15 October 2004
Standing on a pavement in Glasgow's bustling West End last night, busker Amy Bell was feeling a sense of anticlimax as she worked through her repertoire.
Sunday 25 July 2004
Friday 11 July 2003
Monday 16 August 1999
Saturday 24 July 1999
Friday 09 July 1999
Friday 16 April 1999
Sunday 28 March 1999
Exclusive: Young people ‘want UK to stay in Europe’: Four in 10 adults aged 18 to 24 are ‘firmly in favour’ of membership, poll shows
Tom Daley ‘is gay because his father died’ says UK evangelist
Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
Kiss and yell: Italian protester charged with sexual assault after kissing riot police officer
PM denies two child limit for benefits is part of Tory welfare policy
Anachronistic and iniquitous, grammar schools are a blot on the British education system
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 North Koreans are gasping for the truth: Let's give it to them
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early