Think of yoga societies and you probably think of women. Think of video games, and it's more likely to be male-dominated. But does it have to be like this?
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 12 February 2008
As dawn broke over the Ganges, India's holiest river, priests made offerings, locals brushed their teeth and men lathered themselves with soap – while Westerners snapped photographs.
Friday 08 February 2008
So farewell then, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, you taught The Beatles about meditation, then used their fame to boost your business. They came home and you went on to extend your international movement with a university in Iowa and headquarters in, most recently, Amsterdam. Now you are dead, some commentators seem eager to dismiss your teachings, along with all that 1960s flower-power indulgence, as a phase of naïve childishness that seized the youth of the time and sent it in the wrong direction.
Thursday 07 February 2008
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi: Spiritual leader who introduced millions, including the Beatles, to transcendental meditation
Thursday 07 February 2008
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was best known as the Beatles' spiritual adviser. During 1967 and 1968, his influence over the Beatles, as well as other western musicians, was at its peak and although their time with him was short, it had a marked impact on their lives and their music: we would not, for example, have the "White Album" without it.
Wednesday 06 February 2008
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, a one-time guru to the Beatles credited with bringing "transcendental meditation" to the West, has died. He was thought to be 91.
New age of yoga: The Primrose Hill set's favourite yogi introduces a new way to practice the ancient art
Tuesday 22 January 2008
Friday 08 December 2006
* Three weeks ago, Gordon Ramsay finally brought his brand of Michelin-starred, potty-mouthed cookery to New York. And his new £3.8m restaurant - cunningly titled Gordon Ramsay at The London - has teething problems.
Tuesday 27 September 2005
Monday 14 February 2005
Sunday 06 February 2005
Saturday 15 January 2005
Sunday 15 February 2004
Monday 22 September 2003
Saturday 02 August 2003
Friday 06 December 2002
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- 1 Mystery of the Siberian holes at the end of the world 'solved': Scientists offer explanation
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Sean Hannity reacts to Russell Brand's Israel-Gaza criticism: 'You're a dumb actor known for your failed marriage to Katy Perry'