Spa star: Bush Bath, Half Moon Resort, Rose Hall, Jamaica
Saturday 26 May 2012
Enjoy the benefits of locally grown herbs in Jamaica ... strictly above board – in the bath, in fact.
The bush bath is a traditional remedy for common ailments in which plants, fruits, herbs and spices are selected, then ground down and steeped in hot water, creating a healing infusion for the bath.
At Half Moon's Fern Tree Spa, an "elder" versed in the holistic tradition will greet you with a cup of bush tea and then create a bath, suited to your needs, with produce gathered from the resort's gardens, to be enjoyed in a hand-carved outdoor tub (US$72/£48).
Half Moon Resort, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica (001 800 438 7241; halfmoon.rockresorts. com). Doubles from US$399 (£266), including breakfast.
- 1 Liam Gallagher slams Daft Punk: 'I could have written Get Lucky in an hour'
- 2 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 3 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 4 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
- 5 Two bailed after arrest over Woolwich attack Twitter comments
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.