Spa star: Bush Bath, Half Moon Resort, Rose Hall, Jamaica
Saturday 26 May 2012
Enjoy the benefits of locally grown herbs in Jamaica ... strictly above board – in the bath, in fact.
The bush bath is a traditional remedy for common ailments in which plants, fruits, herbs and spices are selected, then ground down and steeped in hot water, creating a healing infusion for the bath.
At Half Moon's Fern Tree Spa, an "elder" versed in the holistic tradition will greet you with a cup of bush tea and then create a bath, suited to your needs, with produce gathered from the resort's gardens, to be enjoyed in a hand-carved outdoor tub (US$72/£48).
Half Moon Resort, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica (001 800 438 7241; halfmoon.rockresorts. com). Doubles from US$399 (£266), including breakfast.
- 1 Asteroid nine times the size of the QE2 liner to sail pass Earth
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 British business: We need to stay in the EU - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + (£15K + Uncapped Commission & Benefits): Flight Ce...