Terms and conditions
Thursday 16 December 2010
1. The prize is valid for 2011 only, and travel must be completed by 30th September 2011.
2. The Editor’s decision is final
3. This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person resident in the UK aged 18 years or over who is not an employee, agent or director of British Airways Plc (“BA”), Fairmont hotels and VIA Rail or its subcontractors or travel agents and The Independent News and Media Limited. The promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the terms and conditions set out below.
4. No purchase is necessary
5. The promoter accepts no responsibility for damage or loss resulting from misdirected or incomplete entries arising from computer malfunction, viruses, bugs or telephone malfunction or other such causes. The promoters are in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web site or home page access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the promotion.
6. The prize consists of two round-trip World Traveller (economy) British Airways flights from London Heathrow to Montreal, three nights at Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth and three nights at the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac for two people sharing a Fairmont room (valid for the room and taxes only) and two return VIA Rail Business class tickets (VIA1) for travel between Montréal and Québec City.
7. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. All additional costs, including, without limitation, travel costs, transfers, travel insurance, food and spending money are not included as part of the prize.
8. Flights have to be taken together at the same destination as specified during the competition. All incidental expenses are the responsibility of the prize winner. The prize winner is also responsible for any visas and inoculations that may be required to visit the destination that is their prize. The prize winner and his/her companion must be over 18 years of age and all passengers must hold a valid UK or EU passport valid for a minimum of six months, or have a Visa applicable to travel to Canada with a passport valid for a minimum of six months.
9. At the Fairmont the Queen Elizabeth and Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, check in starts from 4pm and check out is by noon.
10. Certificates and ID must be presented upon check-in.
11. Prize flights are on mainline scheduled services operated by BA with a BA prefix number. Travel on BA franchise, code share and alliance airlines are not allowed. Prize flights include taxes, fees and charges. Domestic connections and other add-ons are not included in the prize. Any additional travel costs must be organised and funded by the prize winner. The prize winner and their travelling companions must travel both the outbound and inbound journeys together.
12. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or liability caused by matters relating to this promotion.
13. Travel must be completed by 30th September 2011. All travel is subject to availability and capacity control. Prize flights must be booked at least 30 days prior to departure date by following the instructions provided in the notification. Failure to book within these parameters will automatically disqualify the prize winner.
14. The prize will be confirmed to the prize winner within 28 days of their winning date and they will be required to confirm their acceptance of the prize in writing or by telephone in the method specified in the notice within twenty-one days of confirmation. If unclaimed or declined twenty one days after confirmation, the prize will be cancelled.
15. Confirmation of the prize flights will be sent to the prize winner at least seven days prior to the departure dates requested.
16. Where available, all prize flight tickets will be issued as e-tickets.
17. Flights will be inventory controlled and prize flights will be subject to availability and capacity control, therefore access during school holidays and major sporting and cultural events will be restricted. Blackout dates: 9-13 June 2011 (Montréal Grand Prix) and 10-15 July 2011. BA reserves the right to limit the number of prize travel seats made available on any flight, and it is possible that seats allocated to the prize winner fare class on a particular flight may be fully booked even though seats are still available for sale at a different fare or booking class in the same cabin. BA does not accept any responsibility in the event that the prize winner is unable to book their preferred flight(s).
18. Prize flights are non changeable and non transferable. Once booked, no changes can be made to tickets. No cash or credit alternative prizes are offered. No upgrades are allowed.
19. All third party terms and conditions relating to the prize apply.
20. The prize winner and their travelling companions are responsible for supplying valid passports and visas. BA recommends that all passengers consider travel and medical insurance prior to commencing any flight.
21. Tickets for prize travel are valid for the prize winner accompanied by one adult. These Terms and Conditions apply to both the prize winner and travelling companions and references to the prize winner include (where the context permits) the travelling companions.
22. All travel on BA flights is subject to BA’s general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage (see ba.com) and the notice and conditions of contract contained on each ticket or itinerary.
23. Prize flights cannot be used in conjunction with any BA Miles programme, any other discount, discount coupon(s) or voucher(s), promotion(s) or special offer(s) by BA or jointly with any other organisation, bonus, awards, or certificates.
24. BA reserves the right to provide substitute prizes of similar value should the specified prizes become unavailable for reasons beyond its control.
25. BA reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any tickets issued in the event of major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual or anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstance beyond the Promoters’ control.
26. The Independent is responsible for publishing details of the promotion accurately and administering all aspects of the promotions. British Airways Plc is only responsible for providing and booking the flights.
27. By entering the Promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
28. Promotional materials form part of these Terms and Conditions. This promotion is governed by English law and is subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
29. To enter this competition, you have to answer the question posed on this page.
To read the Independent's terms and conditions, click here.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 4 Ann Summers survey reveals the UK's favourite sex position
- 5 Ayyan Ali: Pakistan's top model now appears in the courtroom rather than on the catwalk
Rail strike: Two walk-outs by Network Rail staff called off following talks
Inside Travel: Greece 2015 Q&A - should we cancel our Greek holiday? Are our flights safe? And what will we be spending there?
Kuala Lumpur: How the Malaysian capital is raising its game with innovative new restaurants and hotels
The most powerful passports in the world
The 10 Best lightweight luggage
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Church of England 'one generation away from extinction' after dramatic loss of followers
£25000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...