Win a fabulous 12-night holiday for two to the Capital Region USA
Take the Great American Road trip across Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC
Monday 21 January 2013
The call of the open road is irresistible across the Capital Region USA. Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC boast some of America's most alluring scenic byways. Take in treasured small towns, majestic Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains, warm sandy beaches and breathtaking national parks, to say nothing of the inspiring memorials and hip and historic neighborhoods of Washington, DC.
- George Washington Memorial Parkway, which serves as a gateway to the nation's capital and a living memorial to first president, George Washington.
- The Journey Through Hallowed Ground is a scenic and historically rich landscape route from Gettysburg in Pennsylvania to Monticello in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- The Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad route recounts the life story of Harriet Tubman and her courageous actions to rescue family and friends along the Underground Railroad – a secret network of people, places and routes that provided shelter to escaping slaves.
- 23 miles and 174 years long, the Colonial Parkway takes travellers on a journey through British colonial history in America.
Two lucky Independent readers will win the chance to see the Capital Region for themselves, with an incredible 12-night holiday.
The winners will stay in a series of the region's grandest hotels, and enjoy 13 days' car rental and flights between London and Washington, DC - all courtesy of Capital Region USA and Purely Capital Region USA. What's more, they'll win $600 in gift cards from Premium Outlets®, to spend at the Outlet centre of their choice.
For your chance to win this astonishing prize, simply enter your details in the form below:
Enjoy 25 per cent to 65 per cent savings every day at designer and name brand outlets including Coach, Gap, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren and more at one of the Premium Outlets® in the Capital Region: Hagerstown Premium Outlets®, Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets®, Queenstown Premium Outlets® and Williamsburg Premium Outlets®. www.premiumoutlets.com
In the heart of Washington, DC, the Embassy Suites Convention Center provides the best value in town with newly renovated suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and Managers Reception. EmbassySuitesCC.com
After touring the Capital Region USA relax and unwind at the brand-new LEED certified Towne Place Suites by Marriott Frederick, Maryland. www.marriott.com/wasft
Located one mile from Historic Downtown Leesburg's unique shops and restaurants, Homewood Suites Leesburg offers the comforts of home and more. www.leesburg.homewoodsuites.com
The colonial-chic Clifton Inn, a fine Relais and Châteaux and historic hotel, linked to the family of Thomas Jefferson, provides discerning guests with tailored services and amenities. www.thecliftoninn.com
Crowne Plaza Williamsburg at Fort Magruder is located ½ mile from the Colonial Williamsburg historic area and one mile from Busch Gardens. www.cpwilliamsburghotel.com
Located on the beautiful Choptank River, experience the luxury of the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina, a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 picturesque acres. chesapeakebay.hyatt.com/
Terms and conditions
1) This competition closes at 10am GMT on Thursday 21 February.
2) The prize includes two return tickets from London to Washington, 13 days' car rental including insurance, 12 nights' accommodation, a $500 gift card redeemable at the Premium Outlet Center ® of the winner's choice, and a $100 Tommy Hilfiger gift card redeemable at that centre.
3) All other personal expenses, spending money, travel insurance and any other incidentals are the winner's responsibility.
4) The prize is subject to availability and no cash equivalent or alternative prize is available.
5) Prizes to be taken between 22 February 2013 - 21 February 2014.
6) You may not travel on any of the following dates:
- January 18-22; July 11-18
- Easter - 25th March - 5th April
- School Holidays - 24th June - 31st August
- Christmas - 15th - 24th December
7) All accommodations and flights are subject to availability.
8) Entrants must be over the age of 18.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Bill Clinton portrait features Monica Lewinsky reference, artist admits
- 2 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men
Luggage: The journey from canvas rucksacks to carry-on capsules
Eurostar re-opens between London and Paris after person killed by train in Kent
The Atlas of Beauty: Photographer travels around the world to capture cultural diversity through stunning portraits of women
The 10 Best lightweight luggage
The 10 Best hiking boots
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced Hotel Receptionists...
£12500 - £13520 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Qualified Lifeguards are required to join a fa...