Win a fabulous 12-night holiday for two to the Capital Region USA
Take the Great American Road trip across Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC
Monday 21 January 2013
The call of the open road is irresistible across the Capital Region USA. Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC boast some of America's most alluring scenic byways. Take in treasured small towns, majestic Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains, warm sandy beaches and breathtaking national parks, to say nothing of the inspiring memorials and hip and historic neighborhoods of Washington, DC.
- George Washington Memorial Parkway, which serves as a gateway to the nation's capital and a living memorial to first president, George Washington.
- The Journey Through Hallowed Ground is a scenic and historically rich landscape route from Gettysburg in Pennsylvania to Monticello in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- The Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad route recounts the life story of Harriet Tubman and her courageous actions to rescue family and friends along the Underground Railroad – a secret network of people, places and routes that provided shelter to escaping slaves.
- 23 miles and 174 years long, the Colonial Parkway takes travellers on a journey through British colonial history in America.
Two lucky Independent readers will win the chance to see the Capital Region for themselves, with an incredible 12-night holiday.
The winners will stay in a series of the region's grandest hotels, and enjoy 13 days' car rental and flights between London and Washington, DC - all courtesy of Capital Region USA and Purely Capital Region USA. What's more, they'll win $600 in gift cards from Premium Outlets®, to spend at the Outlet centre of their choice.
For your chance to win this astonishing prize, simply enter your details in the form below:
Enjoy 25 per cent to 65 per cent savings every day at designer and name brand outlets including Coach, Gap, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren and more at one of the Premium Outlets® in the Capital Region: Hagerstown Premium Outlets®, Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets®, Queenstown Premium Outlets® and Williamsburg Premium Outlets®. www.premiumoutlets.com
In the heart of Washington, DC, the Embassy Suites Convention Center provides the best value in town with newly renovated suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and Managers Reception. EmbassySuitesCC.com
After touring the Capital Region USA relax and unwind at the brand-new LEED certified Towne Place Suites by Marriott Frederick, Maryland. www.marriott.com/wasft
Located one mile from Historic Downtown Leesburg's unique shops and restaurants, Homewood Suites Leesburg offers the comforts of home and more. www.leesburg.homewoodsuites.com
The colonial-chic Clifton Inn, a fine Relais and Châteaux and historic hotel, linked to the family of Thomas Jefferson, provides discerning guests with tailored services and amenities. www.thecliftoninn.com
Crowne Plaza Williamsburg at Fort Magruder is located ½ mile from the Colonial Williamsburg historic area and one mile from Busch Gardens. www.cpwilliamsburghotel.com
Located on the beautiful Choptank River, experience the luxury of the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina, a premier AAA Four Diamond resort that encompasses more than 342 picturesque acres. chesapeakebay.hyatt.com/
Terms and conditions
1) This competition closes at 10am GMT on Thursday 21 February.
2) The prize includes two return tickets from London to Washington, 13 days' car rental including insurance, 12 nights' accommodation, a $500 gift card redeemable at the Premium Outlet Center ® of the winner's choice, and a $100 Tommy Hilfiger gift card redeemable at that centre.
3) All other personal expenses, spending money, travel insurance and any other incidentals are the winner's responsibility.
4) The prize is subject to availability and no cash equivalent or alternative prize is available.
5) Prizes to be taken between 22 February 2013 - 21 February 2014.
6) You may not travel on any of the following dates:
- January 18-22; July 11-18
- Easter - 25th March - 5th April
- School Holidays - 24th June - 31st August
- Christmas - 15th - 24th December
7) All accommodations and flights are subject to availability.
8) Entrants must be over the age of 18.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Student jailed for hacking University of Birmingham computers to improve his grades
- 2 Smartphones are making children borderline autistic, says psychiatrist
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 The most powerful passports in the world
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: An MI Developer is needed to join the leading provide...
£20000 - £22500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leisure organisation manag...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Delivering an inspiring, engagi...
£17500 - £20500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are looking for a great te...