Hong Kong holiday prize draw terms and conditions
Thursday 01 March 2012
- The Hong Kong prize draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over.
- The Prize Draw is not open to employees or agencies of The Independent, their group companies, or family members or anyone else connected to the Prize Draw including employees of Hong Kong Tourism Board (“HKTB”), Cathay Pacific (“CX”). Shangri-la Hotels and Netflights.com.
- Entry into the Prize Draw is acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- To enter the Prize Draw you must enter your details as above. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Hong Kong prize draw” in the subject line.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Prize Draw entry to us.
- No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- The Prize Draw closes at 10am GMT on 2 April 2012. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered.
- The winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries on or before 6 April.
- There is only one winner who will receive a four-night trip for two people to Hong Kong. The prize consists of return economy class flights from London with Cathay Pacific, coach transfers to and from the airport in Hong Kong, twin-share accommodation with breakfast only at Island Shangri-la, and a half-day Hong Kong Island tour. The Independent accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
- The tickets are based on two economy class return tickets between London Heathrow and Hong Kong. The tickets are not redeemable for cash, non-transferrable, non-endorsable and must be used within validity. The tickets are valid for travel for one year from 2 April 2012. All travel must be completed before the expiry date. The tickets are on a confirmed basis but are subject to embargo periods and seat availability. When contacting Cathay Pacific please provide some flexibility in your dates of travel. We may not be able to confirm your reservations on your preferred choice of dates. In line with the EU Directive Denied Boarding Compensation is not applicable on free of charge tickets. The tickets are valid on Cathay Pacific Airways operated flights (CX) only. Embargo period: Travel may not be taken during the following periods: London to Hong Kong 22 June – 06 August 2012, 05 – 31 December 2012. Hong Kong to London 08 July – 09 September 2012, 14 – 24 December 2012. Please note that Cathay Pacific embargo periods are subject to change without notice.
- Hotel accommodation is valid for one year from 2 April 2012 and is subject to advance reservations and availability at all times, blackout dates apply
- Maximum value of the prize is up to £3000 (based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing). The Independent, HKTB, Cathay Pacific, Shangri-la Hotels and Netflights.com accept no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
- The travel companion must be aged 18 or above.
- The winner and the winner’s travel companion must travel together and all components of the prize must be taken together.
- The holiday must be booked with The Hong Kong Tourism Board by 31 May 2012 or the prize will be forfeited.
- The prize does not include domestic UK transfers, travel insurance, spending money or incidental costs (such as meals, telephone calls, mini bar items, laundry etc) other than those stated. The winner is responsible for taxes and/or surcharges on prize and shall ensure that the winner and his/her travel companion have valid passport/visas where necessary.
- The winner will be notified by phone or email by the Independent on or before 2 May 2012 and given details of how to claim his/her prize. If a winner does not respond to The Independent within 28 days of being notified by The Independent, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and The Independent shall be entitled to draw another winner (and that winner will have to respond to the phone call or email from The Independent within 28 days or else he/she will also forfeit his/her prize). Winner, whose prize has been forfeited, is not entitled to payment or compensation of any kind. The Independent will provide the personal data of the winner to HKTB and/ or its agents, partners, contractors or third party service providers on a confidential basis for redemption of prize.
- The prize is subject to further terms and conditions as stipulated by respective prize sponsors.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The Independent, HKTB, Cathay Pacific, Shangri-la Hotels and Netflights.com retain the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- The winner may be required to attend promotional activity.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of The Independent for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- The Independent, HKTB, Cathay Pacific, Shangri-la Hotels and Netflights.com accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. The Independent, HKTB and Cathay Pacific, Shangri-la Hotels and Netflights.com further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize draw. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner (and his/her travel companion) may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by The Independent, HKTB, Cathay Pacific, Shangri-la Hotels and Netflights.com in its/their absolute discretion.
- The Independent reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of The Independent in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Independent shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Prize Draw will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: Independent Print Limited.
- Click here for all other terms and conditions.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
The world's 10 most expensive cities
The Atlas of Beauty: Photographer travels around the world to capture cultural diversity through stunning portraits of women
The 10 Best lightweight luggage
The 10 Best hiking boots
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...