Win a sustainable holiday in Italy's Aosta Valley and get back to nature
Monday 12 March 2012
We all know that the Alps are a great place for winter holidays - but did you know that they're a magical place for a summer stay too?
Nowhere is more stunning in the sunshine than the Aosta Valley in northern Italy. It's a uniquely beautiful location, alive with gorgeous carpets of flowers, teeming with wildlife and rich in breathtaking mountain vistas, all contained in two national parks, nine nature reserves and four botanic gardens.
Part of the region's new VIVA initiative, the whole valley has been developed with the environment in mind, with strict rules for waste disposal, energy supply, water and other sustainable habits. In short, it's the perfect spot for the discerning eco-tourist.
You could win the chance to experience the Aosta Valley for yourself this summer. Two lucky winners will spend a week at the Relais and Chateaux Hotel Bellevue in the beautiful alpine village of Cogne in the heart of the Gran Paradiso National Park.
The prize includes:
- Seven nights bed and breakfast accommodation in a double room
- A dinner at Le Petit Restaurant (One Michelin star)
- A dinner at the typical restaurant Bar à Fromage, restaurant de montagne
- A dinner at La Brasserie du Bon Bec
- A spa treatment for two atLa Valheureusa - Spa de Montagne
- Afternoon tea offered in front of the fireplace every day
- Free shuttle service to the the villages around Cogne
- Use of mountain bikes
- Return scheduled flights from London and return transfers
- One MTB excursion in the Gran Paradiso national Park, from the village of Cogne to Valnontey, descending to the Lillaz waterfall. This is one of the most evocative routes in the Valle d'Aosta.
- Trekking in Cogne valley
- Visit to an alpine pasture (milk and cheese production)
To enter, simply answer the question below.
The competition closes at 10am 19 April 2012. The trip must be taken between 15 June and 15 September 2012 (excluding 10 August to 25 August).
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
musicPolice chief rejects rappers' claims that his work is as dangerous as law enforcement or military service
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 3 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
£21000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K & Uncapped Commission & Benefits: Flight Cent...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: L...