Win a sustainable holiday in Italy's Aosta Valley and get back to nature
Monday 12 March 2012
We all know that the Alps are a great place for winter holidays - but did you know that they're a magical place for a summer stay too?
Nowhere is more stunning in the sunshine than the Aosta Valley in northern Italy. It's a uniquely beautiful location, alive with gorgeous carpets of flowers, teeming with wildlife and rich in breathtaking mountain vistas, all contained in two national parks, nine nature reserves and four botanic gardens.
Part of the region's new VIVA initiative, the whole valley has been developed with the environment in mind, with strict rules for waste disposal, energy supply, water and other sustainable habits. In short, it's the perfect spot for the discerning eco-tourist.
You could win the chance to experience the Aosta Valley for yourself this summer. Two lucky winners will spend a week at the Relais and Chateaux Hotel Bellevue in the beautiful alpine village of Cogne in the heart of the Gran Paradiso National Park.
The prize includes:
- Seven nights bed and breakfast accommodation in a double room
- A dinner at Le Petit Restaurant (One Michelin star)
- A dinner at the typical restaurant Bar à Fromage, restaurant de montagne
- A dinner at La Brasserie du Bon Bec
- A spa treatment for two atLa Valheureusa - Spa de Montagne
- Afternoon tea offered in front of the fireplace every day
- Free shuttle service to the the villages around Cogne
- Use of mountain bikes
- Return scheduled flights from London and return transfers
- One MTB excursion in the Gran Paradiso national Park, from the village of Cogne to Valnontey, descending to the Lillaz waterfall. This is one of the most evocative routes in the Valle d'Aosta.
- Trekking in Cogne valley
- Visit to an alpine pasture (milk and cheese production)
To enter, simply answer the question below.
The competition closes at 10am 19 April 2012. The trip must be taken between 15 June and 15 September 2012 (excluding 10 August to 25 August).
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke
Basic of £18,000 + commission, realistic OTE of £30-£50k : Ocean Holidays: Le...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£15,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has arisen for ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...