Win a sustainable holiday in Italy's Aosta Valley and get back to nature
Monday 12 March 2012
We all know that the Alps are a great place for winter holidays - but did you know that they're a magical place for a summer stay too?
Nowhere is more stunning in the sunshine than the Aosta Valley in northern Italy. It's a uniquely beautiful location, alive with gorgeous carpets of flowers, teeming with wildlife and rich in breathtaking mountain vistas, all contained in two national parks, nine nature reserves and four botanic gardens.
Part of the region's new VIVA initiative, the whole valley has been developed with the environment in mind, with strict rules for waste disposal, energy supply, water and other sustainable habits. In short, it's the perfect spot for the discerning eco-tourist.
You could win the chance to experience the Aosta Valley for yourself this summer. Two lucky winners will spend a week at the Relais and Chateaux Hotel Bellevue in the beautiful alpine village of Cogne in the heart of the Gran Paradiso National Park.
The prize includes:
- Seven nights bed and breakfast accommodation in a double room
- A dinner at Le Petit Restaurant (One Michelin star)
- A dinner at the typical restaurant Bar à Fromage, restaurant de montagne
- A dinner at La Brasserie du Bon Bec
- A spa treatment for two atLa Valheureusa - Spa de Montagne
- Afternoon tea offered in front of the fireplace every day
- Free shuttle service to the the villages around Cogne
- Use of mountain bikes
- Return scheduled flights from London and return transfers
- One MTB excursion in the Gran Paradiso national Park, from the village of Cogne to Valnontey, descending to the Lillaz waterfall. This is one of the most evocative routes in the Valle d'Aosta.
- Trekking in Cogne valley
- Visit to an alpine pasture (milk and cheese production)
To enter, simply answer the question below.
The competition closes at 10am 19 April 2012. The trip must be taken between 15 June and 15 September 2012 (excluding 10 August to 25 August).
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
John Barrowman praised for Commonwealth Games opening ceremony gay kiss
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...