Win a sustainable holiday in Italy's Aosta Valley and get back to nature
Monday 12 March 2012
We all know that the Alps are a great place for winter holidays - but did you know that they're a magical place for a summer stay too?
Nowhere is more stunning in the sunshine than the Aosta Valley in northern Italy. It's a uniquely beautiful location, alive with gorgeous carpets of flowers, teeming with wildlife and rich in breathtaking mountain vistas, all contained in two national parks, nine nature reserves and four botanic gardens.
Part of the region's new VIVA initiative, the whole valley has been developed with the environment in mind, with strict rules for waste disposal, energy supply, water and other sustainable habits. In short, it's the perfect spot for the discerning eco-tourist.
You could win the chance to experience the Aosta Valley for yourself this summer. Two lucky winners will spend a week at the Relais and Chateaux Hotel Bellevue in the beautiful alpine village of Cogne in the heart of the Gran Paradiso National Park.
The prize includes:
- Seven nights bed and breakfast accommodation in a double room
- A dinner at Le Petit Restaurant (One Michelin star)
- A dinner at the typical restaurant Bar à Fromage, restaurant de montagne
- A dinner at La Brasserie du Bon Bec
- A spa treatment for two atLa Valheureusa - Spa de Montagne
- Afternoon tea offered in front of the fireplace every day
- Free shuttle service to the the villages around Cogne
- Use of mountain bikes
- Return scheduled flights from London and return transfers
- One MTB excursion in the Gran Paradiso national Park, from the village of Cogne to Valnontey, descending to the Lillaz waterfall. This is one of the most evocative routes in the Valle d'Aosta.
- Trekking in Cogne valley
- Visit to an alpine pasture (milk and cheese production)
To enter, simply answer the question below.
The competition closes at 10am 19 April 2012. The trip must be taken between 15 June and 15 September 2012 (excluding 10 August to 25 August).
Simon Calder: Until this disaster South Korea's ferry safety record fared well compared to its Asian neighbours
The 10 Best lightweight luggage
The 10 Best hiking boots
Where to go on holiday 2014: These are the top 10 destinations that everyone will be talking about this summer
The 10 Best city bikes
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Big Bang Theory to get special Star Wars episode with help from Lucasfilm
- 3 Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
- 4 Pharrell Williams 'Happy': British Muslims dance to song in video
- 5 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...