Win a sustainable holiday in Italy's Aosta Valley and get back to nature
Monday 12 March 2012
We all know that the Alps are a great place for winter holidays - but did you know that they're a magical place for a summer stay too?
Nowhere is more stunning in the sunshine than the Aosta Valley in northern Italy. It's a uniquely beautiful location, alive with gorgeous carpets of flowers, teeming with wildlife and rich in breathtaking mountain vistas, all contained in two national parks, nine nature reserves and four botanic gardens.
Part of the region's new VIVA initiative, the whole valley has been developed with the environment in mind, with strict rules for waste disposal, energy supply, water and other sustainable habits. In short, it's the perfect spot for the discerning eco-tourist.
You could win the chance to experience the Aosta Valley for yourself this summer. Two lucky winners will spend a week at the Relais and Chateaux Hotel Bellevue in the beautiful alpine village of Cogne in the heart of the Gran Paradiso National Park.
The prize includes:
- Seven nights bed and breakfast accommodation in a double room
- A dinner at Le Petit Restaurant (One Michelin star)
- A dinner at the typical restaurant Bar à Fromage, restaurant de montagne
- A dinner at La Brasserie du Bon Bec
- A spa treatment for two atLa Valheureusa - Spa de Montagne
- Afternoon tea offered in front of the fireplace every day
- Free shuttle service to the the villages around Cogne
- Use of mountain bikes
- Return scheduled flights from London and return transfers
- One MTB excursion in the Gran Paradiso national Park, from the village of Cogne to Valnontey, descending to the Lillaz waterfall. This is one of the most evocative routes in the Valle d'Aosta.
- Trekking in Cogne valley
- Visit to an alpine pasture (milk and cheese production)
To enter, simply answer the question below.
The competition closes at 10am 19 April 2012. The trip must be taken between 15 June and 15 September 2012 (excluding 10 August to 25 August).
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Avengers: Age of Ultron: Nearly 700 German cinemas refuse to show movie
- 2 Donald Trump decides that Baltimore riots are Barack Obama's fault
- 3 X Factor in crisis as numbers of people auditioning plummets
- 4 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
- 5 Baltimore riots: Furious mother marches her son home live on TV
French air-traffic controllers strike Q&A: When is the strike and which travellers will be affected?
A380 celebrates first decade in flight - but how long will the Superjumbo's time in the sky last?
Best large holiday homes and cottages in the UK for a group, family, hen do or stag party
The 10 Best lightweight luggage
The most powerful passports in the world
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
EU exit would hit UK economy much harder than neighbouring countries, study finds
Andrew Lloyd Webber: Phantom of the Opera writer mocked after issuing a warning about Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon
General election 2015: Labour will toughen hate crimes legislation surrounding Islamophobia
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This hotel in Chadderton is a p...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A growing business that has been ope...
£15310 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a...
£24000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Situated in the heart of Bradfo...