Hire your own Caribbean island - for £200,000
Travellers are being tempted with the ultimate get-away-from-it-all trip, but privacy will come at a price.
Tourists are being offered exclusive use of Peter Island in the Caribbean's British Virgin Islands in what is described as an island "buy out" package.
But prices for five nights at the island's resort and spa, including all rooms and villas come at a jaw-dropping £208,099.
Those with deep pockets - and lots of friends - could invite up to 130 guests and can even ask for a no-fly zone to be imposed over the island so their stay is not affected by aircraft noise.
Reached only by boat or helicopter, the island offers sailing, fishing, golf and water-based games. Beauty treatments are also available.
Guests at the resort and spa have private pools in their villas and preferred pillows on their beds. They can specify what meals they have and which champagne is available in their room
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.