The 10 Best British spas
The perfect places to have a relaxing soak
1. Spa at Blythswood Square, Glasgow
From £42, blythswoodsquare.com
Nine rooms, thermal suite with a range of pools and relaxation area. All treatments use Ila products.
2. Chewton Glen, New Forest
From £25, chewtonglen.com
Extravagance without a hint of pretentiousness. Particularly impressive hydrotherapy spa pool, outdoor whirlpool, aromatherapy saunas and treatment list.
3. Champneys, Hertfordshire
From £35, champneys.com
Traditional health spa, particularly good for lifestyle change and weight loss, with the best boot camp on the market. Has had a multi-million pound refit.
4. Sequoia at The Grove, Hertfordshire
From £40, thegrove.co.uk
Doesn't come cheap, but boasts exceptional facilities and well-delivered treatments, including the new Rose Ritual.
5. Chuan Spa at the Langham Hotel, London
From £70, chuanspa.com
Facilities are emphatically modern with a vitality pool, 16m swimming pool, herbal steam room, sauna and hot tub.
6. Espa Spa at the Corinthia Hotel, London
From £72, corinthia.com
Frankly stunning facilities which include a 9m pool, amphitheatre sauna, steam room, whirlpools galore and sleeping area.
7. Moddershall Oaks, Staffordshire
From £40, modershalloaks.com
What it lacks in rooms it more than makes up for in personal service and facilities.
8. Agua Spa at Sanderson, London
From £75, sandersonlondon.com
All diaphanous white curtains, high ceilings and comfy chaise longues in the chill-out zone.
9. Ragdale Hall, Leicestershire
From £25, ragdalehall.co.uk
Whether you want time away with pals, to lose some weight or just have a romantic getaway, this retreat will not disappoint.
10. Cowshed Spa at Babington House, Somerset
From £40, babingtonhouse.co.uk
Split into two: Cow Shed Active and Cow Shed Relax. One for energetic types; the latter to relax in.
- 1 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
- 4 Be more professional! GCHQ staff rapped as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange reveals messages that he says point to 'fit up'
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£450 - £500 per annum: Progressive Recruitment: BI Developer (SQL Server 2008,...
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...