The 10 Best British spas
The perfect places to have a relaxing soak
1. Spa at Blythswood Square, Glasgow
From £42, blythswoodsquare.com
Nine rooms, thermal suite with a range of pools and relaxation area. All treatments use Ila products.
2. Chewton Glen, New Forest
From £25, chewtonglen.com
Extravagance without a hint of pretentiousness. Particularly impressive hydrotherapy spa pool, outdoor whirlpool, aromatherapy saunas and treatment list.
3. Champneys, Hertfordshire
From £35, champneys.com
Traditional health spa, particularly good for lifestyle change and weight loss, with the best boot camp on the market. Has had a multi-million pound refit.
4. Sequoia at The Grove, Hertfordshire
From £40, thegrove.co.uk
Doesn't come cheap, but boasts exceptional facilities and well-delivered treatments, including the new Rose Ritual.
5. Chuan Spa at the Langham Hotel, London
From £70, chuanspa.com
Facilities are emphatically modern with a vitality pool, 16m swimming pool, herbal steam room, sauna and hot tub.
6. Espa Spa at the Corinthia Hotel, London
From £72, corinthia.com
Frankly stunning facilities which include a 9m pool, amphitheatre sauna, steam room, whirlpools galore and sleeping area.
7. Moddershall Oaks, Staffordshire
From £40, modershalloaks.com
What it lacks in rooms it more than makes up for in personal service and facilities.
8. Agua Spa at Sanderson, London
From £75, sandersonlondon.com
All diaphanous white curtains, high ceilings and comfy chaise longues in the chill-out zone.
9. Ragdale Hall, Leicestershire
From £25, ragdalehall.co.uk
Whether you want time away with pals, to lose some weight or just have a romantic getaway, this retreat will not disappoint.
10. Cowshed Spa at Babington House, Somerset
From £40, babingtonhouse.co.uk
Split into two: Cow Shed Active and Cow Shed Relax. One for energetic types; the latter to relax in.
The 50 Best spas
Shropshire: Not just local shops for local people ...
Simon Calder: Until this disaster South Korea's ferry safety record fared well compared to its Asian neighbours
The 10 Best hiking boots
Where to go on holiday 2014: These are the top 10 destinations that everyone will be talking about this summer
- 1 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 2 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 3 Man on a leash in Farringdon, London: Mystery of 'walkies' solved
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Drugs giant GlaxoSmithKline bribed doctors to boost sales, says whistleblower
David Cameron: 'Jesus invented the Big Society – I'm just continuing God's work'
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...