The 10 Best British spas
The perfect places to have a relaxing soak
1. Spa at Blythswood Square, Glasgow
From £42, blythswoodsquare.com
Nine rooms, thermal suite with a range of pools and relaxation area. All treatments use Ila products.
2. Chewton Glen, New Forest
From £25, chewtonglen.com
Extravagance without a hint of pretentiousness. Particularly impressive hydrotherapy spa pool, outdoor whirlpool, aromatherapy saunas and treatment list.
3. Champneys, Hertfordshire
From £35, champneys.com
Traditional health spa, particularly good for lifestyle change and weight loss, with the best boot camp on the market. Has had a multi-million pound refit.
4. Sequoia at The Grove, Hertfordshire
From £40, thegrove.co.uk
Doesn't come cheap, but boasts exceptional facilities and well-delivered treatments, including the new Rose Ritual.
5. Chuan Spa at the Langham Hotel, London
From £70, chuanspa.com
Facilities are emphatically modern with a vitality pool, 16m swimming pool, herbal steam room, sauna and hot tub.
6. Espa Spa at the Corinthia Hotel, London
From £72, corinthia.com
Frankly stunning facilities which include a 9m pool, amphitheatre sauna, steam room, whirlpools galore and sleeping area.
7. Moddershall Oaks, Staffordshire
From £40, modershalloaks.com
What it lacks in rooms it more than makes up for in personal service and facilities.
8. Agua Spa at Sanderson, London
From £75, sandersonlondon.com
All diaphanous white curtains, high ceilings and comfy chaise longues in the chill-out zone.
9. Ragdale Hall, Leicestershire
From £25, ragdalehall.co.uk
Whether you want time away with pals, to lose some weight or just have a romantic getaway, this retreat will not disappoint.
10. Cowshed Spa at Babington House, Somerset
From £40, babingtonhouse.co.uk
Split into two: Cow Shed Active and Cow Shed Relax. One for energetic types; the latter to relax in.
- 1 ‘Hello, NME? I’d like to complain about your Tom Odell review. Why? I’m his dad’
- 4 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats
- 5 From charmer to bully: My encounter with Charles Saatchi
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...