Tips and deals of the week: Mira Moon hotel, Philippines direct from London and Roald-Dahl at Heathrow
Saturday 26 October 2013
The Mira Moon hotel opens in Wanchai, Hong Kong, on Friday, with design by Marcel Wanders and Grey Goose cocktail chests in the rooms. Doubles from HK$2,288/£183 (miramoonhotel.com).
The Philippines will be connected to the UK by a direct flight from 4 November, after a hiatus of 15 years. Philippine Airlines will offer five flights per week from Heathrow to Manila (philippineairlines.com).
Families heading off on a half-term holiday this week via Heathrow's five terminals will be treated to a host of Roald Dahl-themed events: storytelling, activity sheets and food offers (heathrow.com).
Threat of 'catastrophic cascade of collisions' must be averted, warn scientists
- 1 Oxford is the least affordable city in the UK, where houses cost 11 times local salaries
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- 5 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
£16000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We're looking for...
£18000 - £34000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Group: Becom...
£18000 - £27000 per annum + Commission + Award-Winning Benefits): Flight Centr...
£18000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre First and Business: This i...