Travel Agenda: Brusselicious food festival; Vancouver PuSh Festival; Utah's Sundance Film Festival; Las Vegas MOB Museum
Saturday 14 January 2012
Today: Walk around the Dinner's Served exhibition, which is currently on display in Brussels at the Tour & Taxis centre. The event is part of the year-long Brusselicious food festival, which will see tastings, picnics and foodie films pop up throughout the Belgian capital. Look out for the "Tram Experience" too, which runs from 14 Feb. Guests will be able to take a two-hour tour of the city with a feast served on board the stylish carriage. Tickets, €75 (brusselicious.be).
This week: In Vancouver, the PuSh Festival takes place from Tuesday to 4 February. The programme includes a musical version of Dostoyevsky's The Idiot (pushfestival.ca). Meanwhile, Utah's Sundance Film Festival runs from Thursday to 29 January, with Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry by director Alison Klayman among the highlights (sundance.org).
In The Diary: In Las Vegas, the MOB Museum opens on 14 February. It charts the history of organised crime and US law enforcement, with artefacts linked to notorious mobsters and their court cases (themobmuseum.org).
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...