Travel Agenda: Karura Forest; W Retreat & Spa in Bali; British Museum; Singapore; London 2012 Festival
Saturday 26 February 2011
Today: Karura Forest on the edge of Nairobi, opens to tourists with waterfalls, bamboo forest and monkeys (magicalkenya.com)
This week: In Bali, the new W Retreat & Spa (pictured) is due to open in Seminyak on Tuesday. Expect the brand's signature flamboyant décor with a tropical twist (starwoodhotels.com).
Afghanistan: Crossroads of the Ancient World is the new exhibition at the British Museum in London, opening on Thursday. It showcases 200-plus objects from the National Museum in Kabul (britishmuseum.org).
In the diary: In Singapore, a statue of the city-state's mascot, the Merlion, is being opened as a deluxe room for two from 4 April-5 May as part of the Biennale (singaporebiennale.org). And in London, the Southbank Centre will be crowned with a whimsical boat-shaped hotel for the London 2012 Festival (living-architecture.co.uk).
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£450 - £500 per annum: Progressive Recruitment: BI Developer (SQL Server 2008,...
£26400 - £36000 per annum: Randstad Education Maidstone: An Independant school...
£22k-£25k + comm + benefits: Blue Travel Solutions: LOOKING FOR A CAREER IN TH...
£26k-£29k + excellent comm: Blue Travel Solutions: We have a high-end luxury t...